Monday, November 26, 2007

Maumee Holiday Hustle 5K!

Friday after Thanksgiving Kent and I ran the Holiday Hustle in Maumee! It started at 5:30 so ended up being a chilly night race! we all got glowsticks to wear around our necks and there was lots of free food and great t-shirts! It was a lot of fun! Kent ran much faster than I did (he's trying to keep up his Air Force run pace so he passes the fitness test come June) but I was pretty proud of my pace--especially with the stroller and all.
I couldn't believe how many people ran! At the beginning of the race we could barely move because it was so crowded. It was especially hard with the stroller because I couldn't maneuver anywhere! at one point somebody cut right in front of me and clipped the wheel of the stroller and we jerked forward and zeb got a little whiplash! had he not been buckled in, I may have lost him! He got quite the fright. There was a big light parade after the race but our sweat was freezing to our bodies so we decided to head home and warm up! This will be another continued Ohio tradition. We had a lot of fun.

6 comments:

Pat and Brent said...

Cute little Zeb going along with his adventurous parents! Good job on a race well run. Too bad people aren't a little more considerate of a baby in a stroller.

Amy and Craig said...

Thanks for the pix of the t-shirts. I'm happy to report that I finally got to join our gym here and it's amazing! nicer than our house! Granite countertops in the bathrooms! hardwood floors! wowowow!!It's great to be back to the gym.

Kari Ann said...

Good for you two! Things like that are so fun!

Mia said...

So glad you are so ambitious, but that does not sound like fun to me. The run is okay, but the cold weather and the sweat freezing to your body....oh, and not to mention the stroller swiping! Yikes! So glad you enjoyed yourselves and had so much fun!

Michelle said...

Good job, you guys! What a great tradition. I love the picture of Zeb with his bink. He's so cute -- what a trooper!

Lorflor said...

Loved the post!!! You and Kent are my idols! You make such a great family. Lovin' it! Miss you.