Sunday, April 18, 2010

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I think at least 50% of blog entries about my children begin with a scream.  I've really really got to work on patience.  And they've really really just got to work on doing what I want them to do.  If those are our solutions we may be stuck like this forever. 

We decided to go for a "walk" today and I forced them to sit still for a few pictures.  Neither wanted ANYthing to do with it.  The few pictures that involved smiles also ended up being blurry or too bright.








Oh- and let me include a dinner recipe along with this post.  I'm too lazy to start a new one.   This is a crazy conglomeration of three different enchilada recipes that we tried out today.  I'm going to call it sweet and sour creamy enchiladas.
Bring to a simmer on the stovetop:
1 can cream of chicken soup
3-5 tablespoons sour cream
1/2 can green enchilada sauce
1/3 c honey (if you don't love sweet-reduce to 1/4 or even 3tbs)
1/4 cup lime juice

Add to that and let simmer a few more minutes:
1 can black beans (rinsed and drained)
1 can diced tomatoes (rinsed and drained)
shredded seasoned chicken

roll in tortillas and place in casserole dish.  add remainder of green sauce to any leftover filling and pour over top of enchiladas. Bake for 25 minutes at 350.  Sprinkle with cheese with 10 minutes left. 

7 comments:

Emilee said...

The background on all those photos is amazing, even if the faces aren't happy.

Cassidy said...

Love it. Forced family fun will always be remembered with fondness.

yaya said...

I thought the ahhhhhh...was a contented sigh! Ooops, they look really happy in the last two anyway!

Delaps said...

Your dinner looks great. Also I love how Zeb was held hostage on teh wheel that made me laugh!

Amy and Craig said...

I love the sad pix! Too funny! We gotta get together again soon!

Susan said...

the recipe looks yummy. I'm definitely going to try it. even though there are some sad faces, the pics are still cute.

Julie Sacks said...

Where did you take those pictures at? I love the train backgrounds. You'll have to answer me on my blog because I always forget to check back for the answer! Thanks!