- 1 box (18.2 ounces) brownie mix (I did a super easy and tasty brownies from scratch recipe!)
- 1/2 cup chopped dry-roasted peanuts(I didn't do the nuts)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened (reduced fat)
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1-1/2 cups heavy cream(used lite cool whip instead)
- 1 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Whipped cream, chopped peanuts, chocolate-peanut butter candies and caramel sauce, to garnish
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9-inch square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Prepare brownie mix according to package directions for cakelike brownies (adding 1/4 cup water, 1/3 cup oil and 3 eggs). Fold in chopped nuts. Pour batter into pan. Return to 350°F oven; bake until brownie is just set and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
3. With electric mixer in medium bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add peanut butter and confectioners' sugar; beat until just blended (it will look lumpy). Add milk; beat lightly to loosen mixture. In separate bowl, whip 1 cup of the cream and gently fold into peanut butter mixture. Spread mousse evenly over cooled brownie. Refrigerate 1 hour.
4. Heat remaining 1/2 cup cream in a small saucepan over medium heat until just boiling. Remove from heat; add corn syrup and chocolate chips. Cover and let stand 5 minutes. Stir until smooth. Pour glaze over chilled mousse and spread to cover completely. Return to refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- In a large saucepan, melt 1/2 cup butter. Remove from heat, and stir in sugar, eggs, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Beat in 1/3 cup cocoa, 1/2 cup flour, salt, and baking powder. Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in 350 oven for 25 to 30 minutes