Saturday, August 1, 2009

our life today (in all of it's boringness!).

Some nights Zeb just can't wait up for Kent! He tries and tries- but usually zonks on the floor. This past Thursday night he was trying to stand up to stay awake and ended up like this dead asleep. His all day whining for "papa" has worsened this week. This morning on our run it was NONstop so I called Kent and made him come join us so that Zeb would let me finish! It was insanely nice to run without a stroller for awhile.

This weekend kent has completely free because he finished his pediatric surgery rotation yesterday- and starts general surgery on monday. It should be equally as crazy- if not more- but also very interesting. He really enjoyed peds surgery- and saw some INSANE crazy stuff. He let me know that our kids won't be riding atvs EVER.

Ike is moving around like crazy. He'll be crawling anyday now I'm sure. For the time being he's like a steam roller and a merry go round all in one. He can spin in circles (pivoting from his belly) and roll around the house like a little machine! He can also shove his behind way into the air and be up on his tip toes- but still won't try to get up on his hands. I'm hoping that since his back half already has it figured out, he won't be a crazy army crawler like zebbo. Zeb was always soooo dirty from his chin to his toes.

5 comments:

yaya said...

Zeb's pic is so sweet and Ike is getting sooo big! Cute, cute boys. After Kent's surgery rotation ATV's won't be the only thing that's off bounds...trampolines, motorcycles, any kind of power saw...well, he'll find out. I'm glad he's enjoying his time in my world!

boysmum2 said...

I love it when they are so dead tired they just die wherever they happen to be....so cute

Unknown said...

Nate left today for 4 weeks...my kids better not be begging for him like that.

Jason & Shannon said...

I love the pictures! I love that Zeb fell asleep trying to stand up. What a funny boy! I agree with Kent, I don't want my kids to play on ATV's. Janna and I did a doctor shadowing thing in high school and we saw this totally jacked up back due to an ATV accident. It was disgusting. I also love the description of Ike sticking his bum in the air!

Anonymous said...

They grow so fast!