Monday, August 17, 2009

I took five kids to the park today all by myself. I even drove there in a mini van. I'm proud to say that the only bad part of the whole experience was the rotten humidity.
A group of us all went and got (free!- thanks to a new friend who needed hair models) haircuts today and kid swapped during the appointments. I am very happy with my haircut and Zeb loved his day. The park we went to had a bunch of dump trucks and tractors in the sandboxes for the kids to play with. I'm shocked that they just keep them there- and that they haven't been stolen. We'd never ventured into the parks of Sylvania (the part of toledo where katie holmes is from- or her parents live there now or something)- but I think we'll be returning. they are really nice- and really fun. Apparently there's a place called "fossil park" where you can go and dig for fossils in a shale quarry- FOR FREE. Zeb would be in heaven digging around in the dirt and I would love the fossil finding part! We'll be going soon.

2 comments:

Pat and Brent said...

sounds like a great day. Wish you guys were here for $2.00 Tuesday at Thanksgiving point tomorrow. I really miss you all and can hardly wait for next week to be here so I can see you again.

Cynthia said...

Thanks for swapping me! We definitely have to the fossil park sometime.