Tuesday, March 16, 2010

zuppa toscano

I'm not sure what made me decide to make this- but I did, and I LOVED it. It's Olive garden's Zuppa Tuscona and it's got to be the easiest restaurant copycat recipe ever. I think it tasted spot on and was super easy. We had it with my favorite EASY breadsticks

  • 1 lb ground Italian sausage (I used 1/2 pound)
  • 1½ tsp crushed red peppers
  • 1 large diced white onion
  • 4 bacon pieces
  • 2 tsp garlic
  • 8 cups of water with chicken bouillon (I only used 5 so it was a thicker soup)
  • 1 cup heavy cream  (I used milk and it was delicious!!)
  • 1 lb sliced Russet potatoes, or about 3 large potatoes. (I used red potatoes)
  •  a bunch of chopped kale
cook up the sausage with onions and garlic.  Bring water and potatoes to a boil and cook potatoes.  Once soft- add sausage and seasonings. Cook a few minutes and then add milk and kale. Heat through and let kale soften.
Serve!

6 comments:

Lyndsay said...

This is one of my fav copycat recipes--I have no reason to return to Olive Garden now.

Anonymous said...

We make that all the time because of Shana! We love it. It is so goood! My brother-in-law also works at Olive Garden and likes ours better! Keep that reciepe and impress friends!

Katy said...

This is Brandon's favorite soup! I will have to try it one of these days! Thanks for sharing it!

Steve and Hailey said...

Oh that looks yummy! I am so hungry today!

Kristen said...

That is so funny because I made the soup over the weekend and was going to blog about it too! It was delicious and tasted identical to the one at the Olive Garden. Yum.

Jenni said...

This is one of our favorites as well. So tasty, huh?