Thursday, March 11, 2010

These pictures aren't actually from today but they illustrate my present predicaments perfectly.
Also, let me preface this post with the hope that I'm not the only wife guilty of this act.

I just got off the phone with Kent. My sole purpose in calling him was to allow him to hear the atrocities to which I was being subjected. I wanted him to hear the banshee screaming and listen to the whining "why? why? why?" from our eldest rugrat.  I realize that his afternoon is probably equally as un-enjoyable and long as mine but I still felt the need to make sure he knew just what I was going through :)  Am I the only one that makes these calls now and again?  I think the call was a success. It did make me feel better- and Kent was very empathetic. 

Today is just one of those days where I have everything to do and everywhere to be (although now, at last, all is done for the moment and both squidlets are quietly painting/sleeping) and my kids seemed to be trying their hardest to make sure I couldn't get anything accomplished. 

Zeb has entered the "why" phase. Pretend this picture is of him getting ready to say "but, whyyyyyyyyyyyyy???".   I'd be totally fine if he was asking me real why questions- like "why is the sky blue?" or "why do we have an appendix?"- but instead he just whines "whyyyyyyy?" after EVERYthing I say to him.  Today at Meijer I answered with, "because I'm the boss".  He chirped right back with, "no, I'm the boss".  The lady passing by us laughed out loud.

And this little turkey. The poor guy. I can see three molars coming in right now and he is miserable. It must hurt so bad- and I'm a total advocate of tylenol and motrin- but the stuff just isn't doing it for him.  At least he finally fell asleep.  I just hope they pop through quickly.

5 comments:

Jodee Luke said...

I call David almost everyday and ask when he is going to be home. He's like "If it's that bad that you are calling me then why in the world would I want to come home?" I swear Grant knows when I have a long to-do list too!

Michelle said...

Cute little munchkins. I really think Dad's need to be a part of every little thing. Cell phones make that so easy. I text Tyler with little snippets ... good and horrid ... almost daily. :)

I love the pic of Ike and the wet wipe disaster down below. He is so stinkin' cute! Oh, how I hope Spring comes to Utah soon!

Dave and Michelle Howell said...

Looks like Ike is saying "but, why??" about his teeth. It's hard to be in the trenches 24/7 - my sympathies.

M- your favorite said...

Bless your heart! I think one of the worse things is kids with teeth coming in. That is so hard on you and on them. I hope they come through soon. (before I get there) No just kidding- I can't wait to squeeze them!

yaya said...

Baby mouths...either teeth are trying to pop out and make baby crazy or words pop out that Mom crazy! Don't ask me why...