Wednesday, March 10, 2010

2 signs that it's spring

First- this picture was taken in the MIDDLE of my living room with NO flash.  The sun is finally bright enough to make it past the first few inches of our windows!! It actually fills the house.

 And if it wasn't already obvious-Ike's favorite item of destruction right now happens to be the wet wipe container.  He's pulled out every wet wipe and spread them around the house at least thirty times.

And the second sign that it's spring: After our run OUTSIDE yesterday we PLAYED in the park!  Ike slept through it but Zeb loved every second.  Plus we saw many long lost friends whom we hadn't seen since last Novemberish :)  I miss my park people. 
 In other good news- yesterday Ike found my little temperamental camera in my purse, got it out, and then chucked it onto the kitchen floor. I thought for sure it was finally totaled-only to be pleasantly surprised that it is now working better than ever.  The screen hadn't turned on for a few months which meant that I could take pictures but not see what I was doing or view them afterward. Now it works like a charm. Thanks, Ike.

Welcome, spring!  It doesn't officially start for a few weeks but we'll start the celebrations now.  Especially since my birthday happens to fall on the first day of spring- and birthdays are truly meant to be celebrated ALL month long.  Happy spring and birthday to me (and laney, too I guess).  I'll be posting my birthday wish list soon.

7 comments:

Amy and Craig said...

I love the poppy's at the top! So pretty. I bought the wicked tix for Thurs matinee. We'll plan on seeing you soon! Can't wait!

Unknown said...

Anonymous above is a little weird but maybe it's a Russian friend of yours.

Hey, hurry with that birthday wish list since I'm sending something on Monday.

XXOO to you all.

taylor and laney said...

those poppies aren't in toledo are they? And what is mom talking about with the weird anonymous post? What did it say?

Delaps said...

I am so glad to see Zeb at teh park! Soon we will have walking group at the Park! Yah

Kent and Leisy said...

no, laney- not in toledo. I found the pic online.

Molly said...

I so agree about celebrating all month! We're still working on Valentine's Day. You can never celebrate too much, in my humble opinion. Happy Birthmonth!

Cynthia said...

I am loving this spring weather!! Hopefully getting outside more will help keep our kids out of trouble!