Friday, March 26, 2010

sad little monkey

This kid sure knows how to put on a sad face.  We'd been at meijer and he lost his free cookie privilege because he gave me the nasty scream (his new favorite way to try and get my attention when I'm busy).  This was the face he put on when he asked about the cookie AGAIN at home and I reminded him about the bad choice he'd made at meijer.
and a side view just so you can see the lip sticking out. Kent tells me he used to do the same face and his mom would ask if a little bird was going to come and perch on his lower lip.

This monkey was saaaaad.  I hope he remembers the lesson next time he wants to scream at me.

10 comments:

Laney said...

tell him if he comes to NY, I will give him a cookie.

Unknown said...

Nannie Annie has yummy (blueberry, spinach, flax, choc chip, pecan) cookies at her house. Even naughty children can have some of her cookies.

The neighbor kids loved them--I just didn't tell them what was in them. And none of them asked about the funny green color of the cookie.

Jacqueline said...

That is funny.. my parents used to tell my that a little birdie would come a poop on my lip..

Angie said...

That is a sad face! You must be pretty strong to hold out against it.

Unknown said...

That's true sadness right there!

Cynthia said...

the side view is classic!

Michelle said...

Awwwwwwwww. There is NO WAY I could resist that face. It DOES remind me so much a Kent! He is so sweet.

yaya said...

My Dad used to tell my Sister we would hang a bucket on her lip..I still tell her that. Life's lessons are hard to learn no matter what the age! (I have some good cookies too he's welcome to eat)

Pat and Brent said...

It's Kent all over again! We must have given in enough times that the lip was a frequent occurance. How can you deny a cookie for that sweet little sad face? His eyelashes are amazing.

Missy D said...

That is a sad face. When i was little i thought i would catch a bird on my lip if i did that.(: