Monday, March 1, 2010

Sunday after church we decided to venture out for a drive.  We ended up downtown and decided to check out the old building we'd been to a few weeks ago.  I got a bunch of pictures of Zeb- but almost NONE of Ike.  That kid is nigh impossible right now. Luckily Zeb is a little more cooperative and saves my sanity.

I'd really like to take a photography class so I can get a better handle on lighting and motion and whatnot. I forgot to switch over my images to RAW - so these aren't the best quality- but I still think this kid is mighty cute. 

Plus, this old building was really really cool.  I think Toledo used to be a really great city.  Don't get me wrong- I really do LOVE this city- but downtown is so desolate and dilapidated. It looks like there used to be a lot of great stuff to do and see and it makes me sad that we missed it (by a few decades).
 
 It really is fun to take pictures when you've got a good camera.  Plus- I am learning more and more about photoshop. I even removed zeb's scab in some of the pictures.  Did you know that there is a feature called 'weight loss' on photoshop?! 

10 comments:

Michelle said...

Weightloss ... really? That's awesome.

Wow, Leisy. These pictures are absolutely remarkable!!! I mean ...I know Zeb is just beyond cute and all ... but the photos are very professional quality. I. Love. Them. And I'm so impressed.

I need you to take pictures of my kids toooooooo!!! :)

Jessica said...

The weight loss option cracks me up!
Great photos of Zeb!

M- your favorite said...

WOW! Very impressive! It helps when you have a stinken cute baby! I mean big boy! He is growing up way to fast!

Kristen said...

Great photos of Zeb! When I was at your parents house I saw something with the name Charles on it. I didn't know that's Zeb's first name! That's funny because when we were thinking of naming Sawyer Chaz, Matt's parents were telling us to name him Charles and Chaz could be for shot. Little did I know there already was a Charles in the family! By the way I love his little bomber jacket. I saw one that looked identical to that at Costco and wanted to buy it so bad, but Sawyer was only a month a the time and I knew I would have to wait at least 3 years before he would fit into it! Still, now I regret not buying it seeing how cute it is on a little boy! What a stud!

Tanner Mills said...

i just got cs4 so im going to read a book on how to use it hahaha. soooo complicated.

yaya said...

I think your pics are great. Too bad you don't live here, the Kroc center that the Salvation Army built last year is awesome and they have photo classes. I'd love to take a class too, but I'll wait until I have a fancy smancy camera like you! P.S.next time you visit I demand a weight loss pic!

dockters said...

Way cute pics!

Julie Sacks said...

I like how you said USED to be a great city. Did you know Toledo made Forbes list of most miserable places to live? Cleveland was number 4, Detroit number 1 and Toledo was either 12 or 14, I can't remember, but none the less, miserable! The news sure did have fun doing that story!

Pat and Brent said...

All of the pictures are very professional. Zeb is such a handsome boy.

Kent said...

I love Toledo!! There are going to be so many things I miss when we leave! I can't believe it is the WORST place to live. I can think of several worse places,