This is soooooo good. I want it again, NOW. The only change I made to the recipe was halving the mayo and doubling the bbq sauce- and even then I had extra.
BLT Bow Tie Pasta Salad
- 6 cups torn romaine
- 2 1/2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast (about 2 breasts)
- 1 small box grape tomatoes, halved
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise (I did a little less than 1/3 cup)
- 2 tablespoon barbecue sauce (closer to 4tbs)
- 1 teaspoons white vinegar (you can add more- the original calls for 3. I don't like that much)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water. In a large serving bowl, combine the pasta, romaine, chicken, tomato and bacon. In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, water (as needed to thin), barbecue sauce, vinegar and pepper. Pour over pasta mixture (I usually reserve about 1/3 of the dressing); toss to coat evenly. Serve immediately.