Tuesday, July 27, 2010

BLT bbq pasta salad

This is soooooo good. I want it again, NOW.  The only change I made to the recipe was halving the mayo and doubling the bbq sauce- and even then I had extra.

BLT Bow Tie Pasta Salad
  • 6 cups torn romaine
  • 2 1/2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
  • 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast (about 2 breasts)
  • 1 small box grape tomatoes, halved
  • 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
  • 2/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise (I did a little less than 1/3 cup)
  • 2 tablespoon barbecue sauce (closer to 4tbs)
  • 1 teaspoons white vinegar (you can add more- the original calls for 3.  I don't like that much)
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • water
DIRECTIONS
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water. In a large serving bowl, combine the pasta, romaine, chicken, tomato and bacon. In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, water (as needed to thin), barbecue sauce, vinegar and pepper. Pour over pasta mixture (I usually reserve about 1/3 of the dressing); toss to coat evenly. Serve immediately.



No comments: