Thursday, July 8, 2010

Kent definitely knows the way to my heart! I only need a few things to make me really happy- and great food, cool weather, being outside, and NO KIDS are all on the list! Monday afternoon he planned a surprise trip away from the kids for a night. The kiddos stayed with his parents and didn't miss us AT ALL.
We went shopping and out to dinner- and then head up Provo canyon to Midway-  a quaint little "swiss" town near Park City.  We stayed in the most wonderful bed and breakfast called- "The Blue Boar Inn".

I made kent take a picture next to the Blue Boar.

And I got one next to the deer.

This was the view from the Inn!  We stayed in the "Charles Dickens" room where they had chocolates on our pillow and a little cheese and fruit tray to enjoy!  We went swimming at the Homestead mineral pools and hiked up the crater.  The next morning we ran up the canyon part way along the golf course.  It was beautiful and chilly!  I really really do love crisp cold air.

I can't even believe the breakfast we had.  It was the BEST french toast I have EVER had in my life. Homemade cinnamon swirl brioche french toast, whipped hot chocolate, and homemade fresh granola. Kent had some crazy nice steak, eggs, and potatoes.  I'm salivating just thinking about it.  The Inn is part four star restaurant so I told him we MUST go back for breakfast sometime.
Later in the afternoon we met the kiddos and kent's parents in Heber for lunch at the "dairy keen" where they've got running trains running along the top of the restaurant and toy trains to play with.  The boys were in heaven.
Ike just kept saying "woooow! woooow!".

It was soooo nice to have a break from everything! Thanks, kent!

5 comments:

Amy and Craig said...

Wow! It looks like you and Kent a a picture perfect get away together! Props to him for making it a surprise!

Michelle said...

Miss you all already!!

Loooove Ike's Wow! face. So cute.

Those breakfasts look phenomenal. MMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

yaya said...

What a beautiful place and the food looks wonderful! What a super hubby!

ahewitson said...

We just went to Dairy Keen about a month ago and I was totally thinking that Zeb would love it. I'm glad he and Ike got to go!

dockters said...

Your trip home looks wonderful!! Midway looks gorgeous...I can't believe how green the mountains are! What a fun getaway!