Monday, September 8, 2008

one of my favorite fall recipes

This recipe comes from Kent's family and I love it. It is absolutely terrible for you- but you can pretend that it's healthy because it has lots of zucchini in it.

"Chocolate Chip Brown Sugar Zucchini Cake"
the b sugar makes it soooo tasty.
Cream:
1.2 c butter
1 3/4 c w sugar
1/2 c oil
2 eggs
2 cups blended zucchini (skins and all)
1 tsp vanilla

Sift:
2.5 c flour
4 Tbs cocoa
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1 tsp soda
1 tsp b. powder

Mix wet and dry ingredients and then add 1/2 c sour milk (add 1/2 tbs lemon juice to 1/2 c milk). Pour into greased 9x13 pan. Sprinkle with 3/4 c brown sugar and choco chips. 3/4 c nuts optional. bake at 350 for 40 minutes!

6 comments:

yaya said...

Great!!!Now I have another recipe to use up all my zucchini! Zucchini bread was getting kind of boring. Grilled zucchini with feta cheese is pretty tastey though..

Michelle said...

I love zuchinni. This cake is seriously the best. I've never known someone to not like it. It's so moist and chocolate-y. I have a friend that doesn't EVER put the ch. chips and brown sugar on top. I would NEVER do that. But, apparantly it's good without the yum on top. ;)

Unknown said...

I'll have to try it! In reference to your last post, did I tell you a girl in my ward got on stage on Price is Right this summer? She had a chance for a car but didn't win it of course.

tiffany said...

yummy sounds so scrumpcious.

dockters said...

Ahhh...thank you! This is my favorite recipe that you've shared with me! YUM-O!

Anonymous said...

I made this and it was so good! Thanks!