Saturday, September 6, 2008


We obviously have yet to figure out the complexity of picture taking in bright sun because our pictures didn't turn out so hot today :) but we did have a blast at the "Black Swamp Arts Festival" in Bowling Green. We'd heard about it from some friends (thanks emilee and beth) and really had a good time. Zeb's favorite part was the abundance of dogs. Ohioans have so many dogs- and take them everywhere with them. He didn't love the crafts as much as I did! he wanted NOTHING to do with the hat and couldn't figure out why I was wearing it. All of the kids crafts were FREE!
I'm really glad that Kent agreed to spare some of his study time and take the mini roadtrip. I did help him study in the car (they are studying immunity and infection right now and I wish I could learn it too-so he teaches me) and ended up making him terribly carsick with the turns and hills. I just giggle when he gets motion sick. It really is so foreign and so funny to me that driving in the car can make one ill.

7 comments:

tiffany said...

there reallynis a place called bowling green? i have only heard about it in a country song by brad pasley. looks like fun was had by all. i have a friend who if she isnt driving she looks like she is going to puke at any second driving down the road. she has to close her eyes barely says a word and breaths really really slow.

Unknown said...

Nate and I always do that...go do something fun and I help him study on the way. Columbus has SO MANY dog owners too.

taylor and laney said...

do you kind of wish the festival was called the black swamp witch festival?

Amy and Craig said...

kent, I feel your pain!

Kenna said...

We went to that festival last year for the first time, on Emilee's recommendation and LOVED it. I was sad that we wouldn't get to go again this year. The kids crafts were really wonderful. Glad you had fun.

M- your favorite said...

I HATE being car sick. It is the worst! So I am sorry about that Kent. It looks like a fun time. Glad that you where able to make the fun trip.

boysmum2 said...

so is Z having his own art show soon? I would buy one.