Tuesday, September 2, 2008

one of those days

Today was one of those days that made me happy.

I started seminary this morning at SIX AM! I got up at 5:45 and went to bathroom and thought to myself "what in the crap have I gotten myself into??!?!" By 5:50 I was tired but not so out of it and by 5:55 when my first student arrived I was almost my normal self (which is saying A LOT considering my normal state that early in the morning- just ask my sis or mission companions). The teaching part, the teenager part, the New Testament part- I'm excited for ALL of it! The morning part is going to be a serious trial- and for that I am grateful. What is hard for us makes us grow.










Zeb and I went on a great run this morning after seminary and had a shoe miracle. On the run, Z kicked his shoe off. I didn't notice until we got completely finished. I reran the route with no luck in finding it. The dang shoe is camoflauge and I knew it was a goner. We stayed to play at the park with friends and just as we were about to leave one of the park rangers walked up to us with his shoe. HOORAY. I so didn't want to buy him new ones. Zeb also had a little hay day with the wild berry bushes at the park. The kid downed zillions of blackberries.

Zeb is also doing his Pulmicort treaments TEAR FREE. It is an answer to my prayers- literally. Here is a picture of his first one EVER (at six months). Tonight he happily sat through it while reading books. I am so happy.

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Good job, Leisy!! THey are so lucky to have you.

I love Zeb's video below. He is so cute and happy. I love how adventurous he is too.

He' in our prayers for a healthy winter!

Dan said...

As one of those former companions, I must say that I am extremely impressed by this early morning seminary business. You are a wonderwoman!

Cynthia said...

Yay for finding the shoe! And glad to hear that Zeb isn't crying with his treatments. That must be a relief!

brittani c. said...

Glad to hear the Zeb is doing better...the amount of trauma that poor kid has been through has probably taught him how to be tough. Hooray for seminary. If only my early morning seminary teacher would have been as excited as you.

M- your favorite said...

Cute little guy! He is so much bigger. I sure hope he has a healthly winter. I can't belive you got his shoe back. That is awesome. Well done!

tiffany said...

my mom oncw lost an expensive braclet at lindsays house when mike & lindsay lived here in vegas. we searched high & low for it couldnt find it. one day after work i was on my way home stoped off at lindsays house on the way to the car we found moms braclet on the side walk it was funny. zeb really is a cute kid crying or not

tiffany said...
This comment has been removed by the author.