Thursday, October 30, 2008

just another recipe. fastest & easiest great cookie known to man.

I'm obsessed with these. I've always always loved homemade oreos- but lately I've made them so many times I've lost count. I make the frosting orange so that they are festive and halloweeny- and I try to give as many away as possible so I quit eating them. I just need to stop making them. I got a bunch of cake mixes for 50 cents at walmart- so I've been using them up.

This is the EASIEST recipe and best tasting cookie ever.
1 pack devils food cake mix
2 eggs
1/2 c shortening
mix and shape into small balls (I like mini cookies). Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes. YUM-o.

I also love love love the homemade buttercream frosting for in between (thanks betty crocker).
1.5 c p. sugar
2 tbsp soft butter
3 tbs milk
any fun coloring you wish

and check out this deer Zeb and I saw yesterday on our run. The ones with antlers make me a little nervous. What if he tried to charge us?! a ginormous dog once jumped out at us while I was running and you know what I did? I jumped BEHIND the stroller. Yep- I left little zeb prey to the ferocious animal. Does that make me a bad mom? I didn't mean to do it- and the dog didn't end up being mean at all.

4 comments:

Outlandish McCandlish said...

When I see a strange roaming dog I always tell it in a stern voice to " Go Home!" It works real well. I've also taught this to my kids and they have used it when they are out walking in the neighborhood on the way home from school. They say it works great also.

Linz said...

Yea! I LOVE cake mix cookies! They are the yummies and sooo easy! mmmm!

Jason & Shannon said...

Those are so good. I made them over the summer and we were in love with them, we just haven't made them in a while, but I'm sure we will.

toddkmack said...

I've had those cookies. And I couldn't agree more. Yum, yum...

Todd