six unspectacular quirks. cyndi tagged me not too long ago to list some unspectacular quirks about myself. For those of you who know me well- none of these should come as a surprise.
1. I think showering and going to the bathroom are a waste of time. It irritates me that I have to take time out of my day to do these things. I feel like I am going to miss something important. Oftentimes I'll only pee right when I wake up or right before bed- no times during the day. Growing up we weren't allowed to make stops on road trips to use the bathroom unless we were out of gas- so I have a bladder of steel. Also, in order to make the most out of my shower time, I brush my teeth and floss while my conditioner sits. You'll often find floss hanging from our shower caddy.
2. Several people with whom I have lived have pointed out that they always know when I've been in the kitchen. Apparently I open all the cupboards (even if I don't take anything out of them) and leave them open. I do the same thing with drawers and dressers. It makes Kent crazy :)
3. I have an obsession with being busy/productive/helpful. Because of this I will volunteer or say yes to just about anything. I actually love to help set up and cleanup activities. I love to be involved in the planning and carryout of everything I do. It drives me crazy to just go to an event and sit while other people are busy doing things.
4. I am very NON obsessive compulsive about everything that I do except running. I like to run the same park route everyday- and I even know exactly where I'll be on the trail during specific lyrics in my running songs.
5. I can actually find things more easily when all of my clothes are in piles (not folded or hung) in my closet and drawers. I am a closet disaster-and totally fine with that. My purse is the same way. Kent refuses to put his hand in it.
6. Falling asleep is really hard for me regardless of how tired I am. I never nap and I have to have my back tickled to put me to sleep at night or I get all flustered and toss and turn for hours. Kent has spoiled me rotten.
I'll tag mum, janna banana, and amy S.