Wednesday, September 12, 2007

here you go... the tartlet recipe


Wonton tartlets
12-18 wontons (found in the refrigerated produce section)
3 Tbsp melted butter
1/3 c. brown sugar
1 pack cream cheese
2 tbsp honey
2 tsp orange juice (lemon juice works)
fresh berries (any kind works)
whipped cream

Brush one side of wonton with butter and lightly coat with brown sugar (this adds such great flavor!). Press wonton, butter side UP, into nonstick muffin tin. Bake for 7-9 minutes at 325 until edges are lightly browned. Remove from pan to cool.
In a bowl, combine c. cheese, honey, and juice. I add about 1 cup of cool whip to sweeten and lighten the mixture. I also add a few spoonfuls of sugar (I really like sweet). Spoon mixture into each wonton. Top with berries, fresh mint, and whipped cream (I just did the berries, and they were a frozen mix). Can be served immediately or refrigerated for later.

Tips: Because I added cool whip I let my mixture chill for thirty minutes (not required). I also made it low fat- low cal! Low fat butter, nonfat or low fat cream cheese, and fat free cool whip. And the wontons were already low cal and fat free!

Really the inside filling can be made to yor tastes.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

So, that pretty shape is made just by cooking the wontons in a muffin tin? That is amazing. I could eat the buttery/brown-sugary wontons just plain! :)

I'll DEFINITELY be trying these. They sound soooo yummy!

Thanks for the new recipe!

Lenny and Amanda said...

thanks for the reciepe!!! I will have to try it out this weekend!!

Pat and Brent said...

Great idea - you really could do a lot of variations. I think I'll try it out on my supper-club group. I'm always looking for a new idea for it.