Sunday, September 16, 2007

Test Tomorrow!!

Sitting in Sacrament Meeting today I suddenly panicked. Oh my gosh! I don't think I remember how Acetyl-CoA leaves the mitochondria to initiate fatty acid synthesis in the cytosol!!! It was quite stressful because I know there will be at least one question about that tomorrow on my test. I guess I'll have to wake up extra early tomorrow to fit in a few more hours of study before the test. I talked to my mom this week and she said something like, "I can't believe there is really that much more to learn than what you've already been through." Our bodies do some amazing things and we have to learn how everything works correctly before we can start to explain how and why things go wrong. There are SO many things I don't know - each day I realize how little I know and what a long road I've begun. It's fun, I love it - wish me luck on my test!

6 comments:

Linz said...

Oy! Good luck! I remember my anatomy classes... I just was in constant awe over the complexities of the body!

Hope you remember all about the mitochondria and Acetyle-CoA and everything else!!

Steve and Hailey said...

This post actually makes me stressed just by association. Good luck on your test. Did we tell you guys that Steve wants to be a doctor now too? He is going to stay at BYU and get his PhD. He plans to be a professor (tenatively at this point).

Michelle said...

Kent - I'm so grateful for you. Thank heavens for doctors that REALLY learned in medical school. One such of those docs helped save Marissa's life. You'll be one of those doctors some day. I love you so much! Good luck on your test! You're in my prayers!

Pat and Brent said...

I know you'll do great. Try not to stress out. Actually what I meant to say was that the more you learn, the more you realize there is to learn. You already know way more than me but I know that by the end of med school you'll know a whole lot more. Thank heavens for a young willing brain!

M- your favorite said...

GOOD LUCK!!! You are so smart Kent- you always do well on your tests. That's what you do best is test really well. You'll do great!

Emily Frame said...

Leisy! Oh my word! I am so happy to see you cute little family. Your son is a little cutie-patootie. I miss you! How are things?