Monday, September 24, 2007

our day at the zoo

Today playgroup was at the zoo! of course it got scorching hot out of nowhere. It got to ninty today and I can't stand it. Zeb and I went running this morning and I could see my breath...now its terribly hot! The zoo is wonderful and free to Toledoens monday mornings, but It was a bummer that I went without kent. We bought an annual pass to a museum in San Mateo California that lets you get into all zoos and children's science museums around the country for free all year long! Its great cause the museum here (COSI) is supposed to be AMAZING. Our pass just hasn't arrived in the mail yet.


My favorite part of the zoo is the Butterfly exhibit! There are hundreds of butterflies just flying around! they land on you and let you get as close as you want without flying away. The elephants were pretty cool too! I didn't go to much of the zoo cause I really want to wait until I can go with kent. The Hippos were nasty. they poo in the water and flap it around with their tails. Its hard to see them through the glass and poo water.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Great pictures. You always do such an incredible job on flower/insect pictures. They are amazing! I'm excited to hear about the cool museum when you guys get a chance to go.

Steve and Hailey said...

I love taking Jack to the zoo! It's so fun. You are super amazing running girl and cooking girl now! Why do I never see your face on your bloggy? How about a shot of you and Kent for your anni on the blog? What are your celebration plans?

Kent and Leisy said...

sorry about no pics! its really hard when my hands are always full with the rugrat. somebody else got some shots of us at the zoo and said they'd email them to me! ill post them asap. we'll get some tomorrow for sure! the pic of the elephant is pretty good though. more interesting than I would be.

Linz said...

Great pics! I so wish we had a zoo here! We'd be there all the time!

Anonymous said...

Butteryfly Exhibit huh?

"I'm here to answer all your butterfly questions..."

"All of them?!"

Brian Regan does a skit about butterfly exhibits, I promise it's funny.