Friday, September 21, 2007

fabulous food

October's cooking group is Apples. We have to make something with apples in it so I have been experimenting! I made an apple bread and it was delicious but appeared atrocious so decided against it. This week I saw this recipe on rr and we tried it this evening! It was AMAZING. this obviously isn't our picture but I have never made a meal from a cookbook that ended up looking so much like the original picture! and Kent gave it a 9 on the ten scale! we used whole grain brown rice instead of white (I know that my mom will be proud of that) and used mozarella instead of cheddar, and appple concetrate instead of cider. Kent is the gravy connoisseur and tweeked it to his methods. It was so dang good. The rice pilaf was insanely good. The apple gravy was divine. hooooooray.

here's the link! try it out.
http://www.rachaelraymag.com/recipe/44969/

2 comments:

Steve and Hailey said...

That looks delicious. You are kind of weirding me out. I've never thought of you cooking up a storm!

Michelle said...

Wow. That looks and sounds DEEEEEEEElicious. I will definitely be trying it. Way-ta-go! Kent - you are so lucky to be eating like a king - my dinners have gotten very repetitive lately. I need to try a little harder. Thanks for the great idea.