Friday, September 28, 2007

here comes halloween, halloween.


While shopping at target last week we found out that Zeb is TERRIFIED of much of the halloween paraphenalia! It reminded me a lot of little gage (our little neighbor boy from orem) and his terrors of halloween! because of his reaction we were a little nervous about getting out our halloween gear. Don't get us wrong, we are still all about frightening little children. The problem is that I am home with him all day and didn't want him in constant tears. We got out all of our stuff anyway and we discovered that he is not in any way scared of ratty here. Most kids that come over won't even go near him. It doesn't phase Z a bit, even if we growl or yipe at him with it. Just another sibling to him.
Here is a picture of the items that scare him most. Halloween light-up cackling eyes. He freaked. He got the little shakes and started wailing (at both walmart and target)! why is it so funny and cute when he cries?

4 comments:

Erin said...

So seriously, where did you get this picture? (Come and read the last bullet of my "Iowa" blog.)
I'm glad Zeb isn't scared of your Halloween stuff. It's always more fun to be festive!

Michelle said...

First of all - that rat is the absolute most HORRIBLE Halloween decoration I have ever seen. :) I honestly canNOT believe Z isn't scared of it. That's actually quite comical.

Those Halloween eyes, on the other hand, are darling. Poor Zebby that they creep him out.

Did Zeb end up being scared of any of the other Halloween decos you got out? Is he adjusting?

I am NOT for frightening children. Kent - do you remember that time you scared Marissa to silence when she first started walking? Sheesh ... all she could do was sit right down in the hallway. She was terrified and shaking - but didn't make a peep. That is soooooo sad. You're bad. :)

Love you!

Michelle said...

Okay - please tell me I'm imagining it. Does ratty actually have nipples?!! EW!

Amy and Craig said...

I LOVE YOUR RAT!!! and your rugrat! Craiggle's mom is having the annual Halloween bash and you're invited!(if you wanna go). it's friday at 6pm. We can't be there for obvious reasons(I'm here with the movers coming later this week) and craig is in Greenville working already). Did you get my text? did you change your #?