Wednesday, September 19, 2007

book club and stuff (my last two GREAT days)

Kent had a test on monday and was able to come home at one after working out! It was wonderful! then to make things even better, he didn't have school at all yesterday! We slept in till eight (that's a big deal now that we have the little rugrat and school) and then I dropped him off on campus so that he could study for a few hours and work out while I worked out and cleaned up the house a bit. I picked him up at one and we went to eat at this little cheap authentic mexican restauraunt, Mi Hacienda.

the food was okay, but the salsa was AMAZING. It was inexpensive as well, so it was very worth it! We got to spend the day together and had lots of fun. That evening I had book club at eight. Its great cause Z is asleep by then and kent can get in a little more studying!

At book club, we read/did "The Color Code". Kent and I LOVED the book in high school! I took the quiz then and last night I came out EXACTLY the same. 27 red, 4 blue, 0 white, and 12 yellow! I have some pretty intense qualities still. Lots that I'm trying to work on (being tactless, insensitive, etc...I must get those from my dad :) ). Kent is still Blue and great at it. I have the greatest husband in the world.
Its great that there are so many fun groups here. We are all in similar situations and have at least someting in common so it makes it easy to get together. It was also great to get to know people better. We had great treats and laughed till pretty late. I really don't love alone time (that's the red/yellow in me) and there's always something fun to do in toledo! HOORAY.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Isn't it sad what "sleeping in" becomes after kids? There was a time a few months ago that I was thrilled if Jansen slept till 6. At least now it's 6:30 or so.

Pat and Brent said...

I always new Kent would make a great husband for someone and since we were rooting for Leisy all the way it seems we have a very good match. -red, yellow, blue or whatever. It is fun to analyze the personality qualities to help understand ourselves and others better. So glad you can get a day together here and there and that there is so much to do in Toledo.

kenna said...

Remember how I LOVE the color code? I am all white, two blue, nothing else! It is just fun to analyze and such. You little 'red' you.

M- your favorite said...

Kent you are a good husband. Your so lucky! I am totally YELLOW- and a few of the other colors. I guess having a few of the other colors evens me out. It's funny because all of my best friends are all RED- It's funny how things work.

Michelle said...

Well, M - good thing all of your best friends are RED ... because that would be me.

I'm actually still exactly the same amount red as blue - and pretty much nil in the others. Fire and ice - will it EVER change. That's a tricky way to live, let me tell you. Demanding and guilt ridden all in one. Sheesh!

Fun post. Tyler really wants you two to take a persogenics test. He's going to look into a way to find that for ya.