Monday, February 25, 2008

he was so much fun today (it may be boring to all of you though).

He has such a personality. You know how some babies just stare? or they just kind of exist? Little Zeb is nothing like them :) This kid is spunky. We've decided to nickname him "hovercraft". His little scoot has become aquatic. Zeb is as quick as lightening on both land and water. He got loose after his bath tonight. Kent couldn't even get him still long enough to attach a diaper. He's also a garbage disposal! Today he had a bowl of cereal for breakfast (cheerios), at lunch he gobbled down a nutrigrain bar, an entire hot dog and 2 whole graham crackers, and then for dinner he slurped down a bowl of potato soup and a roll! no wonder his thunder thighs are increasing in diameter daily.
oh, and here's my roll recipe that zeb gobbled up this evening! It comes from Grandma Oswald. They are the best rolls I've ever tasted!
combine and set aside:
1 package yeast
1/2 c lukewarm water
1/2 tsp sugar
combine : 1/2 c mashed potatoes and 3/4 c potato water
combine these ingredients: (and add to the potato mix)
1 beaten egg
1/3 c sugar

1/2 c shortening
1/2 tbsp salt
add yeast mixture and mix in 4 c flour. Let rise to double (1 hr). Roll out and cut into size and shape. Let rise again until double. Bake 12-15 minutes at 400.

9 comments:

dockters said...

Yes!! I've been wanting this recipe! Thanks!

And, cute, cute Zeb!

Julie Sacks said...

Wow, look at those thunder thighs! I would kill for Cohen to have those thighs (well, Justin would anyway:) And rolls are pretty much my favorite thing ever. They look so yummy!

taylor and laney said...

we think zeb needs to go on a diet.

toddkmack said...

I'm sitting in the BYU library and it's almost 11:00pm and I'm STARVING. Needless to say, your blog didn't help matters much.
Thanks a lot...

Cynthia said...

SO that recipe calls for potato water. Does that mean the mashed potatoes are homemade and that you save the water from that process? Looks yummy, but sounds like a lot of work. Maybe you should just share already prepared ones with me!

Kent and Leisy said...

cynthis, really it isn't that hard! I just boil one potato while I get everything else ready. it only takes a few minutes!it's worth it! and you can actually substitute fake potatoes (gag) with regular water. the difference isn't that big.

Cynthia said...

That does sound more reasonable!

Pat and Brent said...

Zeb is so cute. Love spunky babies! I don't blame him for hating the cold wet snow. He may get that from his gma pat. But it's great to give him a lot of varied experiences.

The rolls look very yummy. Anything harder that Rhodes rolls will not get made real often.

Kenna said...

I'll have to try those. I love Kim Thomas' rolls but since my newborn has a milk allergy they are out for me. Hopefully these will be a good substitute!