Saturday, February 16, 2008

what a day.

You know, if kent has to be gone all of the time (okay, not all of the time, but LOTS of the time) studying and doing schoolwork, I sure am glad that I am in such a rad place like (holy) Toledo. The people here are astounding.

This morning we started off cleaning the church building. After the cleaning we had an enrichment craft activity. Later in the day we had the wonderful opportunity to go to George's baptism! I love George. Sure, he's odd, but he is such a sweet and kind man. Zeb loves him. It has been such a great thing to get to know him over the last six months. This picture doesn't do justice to his key obsession. I think he didn't wear them all because it was his baptism!

After the baptism we had the sister missionaries over for dinner. The sisters in our ward are absolutely wonderful! I can't explain just how much I love being able to live here in Ohio and be a part of the work.

4 comments:

Cynthia said...

I can tell you love being in Toledo because all the missionary work that goes on here. Our ward has already had two convert baptisms just this month! You definitely still have a missionary heart, even though you don't have the badge anymore!

Julie Sacks said...

I could not agree with you more. I never knew how much I missed being out here with all the missionary work going on! And if you look at George's collections of things around his waste, you have to include the endless key chains and the CD case also hanging from his waste. I think I see more chains than keys some times! I'm so happy for George, he is awesome!

Unknown said...

You know that I love this man. Remind you of my grandpa Dix a little? What's with the keys!!! That's the best!

tiffany said...

sounds like you 3 are doing great that is wonderful he got baptised and that zeb is doing good he is so cute