Friday, February 1, 2008

we did it! we finally hit the 100,000 mile mark on our car! I was at 99,999 and didn't drive anywhere until Kent got home! :) and then we went to the mall. A very good 100,000th mile. I have no idea why I was so excited about it. It's kind of like a stepping stone. It's our first car as married people (although we bought it with 40 something thousand miles) and it was kind of a big deal (to me anyway). It was also a good reason to celebrate. It never hurts to have a mini holiday of sorts :)

6 comments:

Katie and Steve said...

I love the music. Is this the song on the new apple laptop computer? It is a great song. Congrats on the car. She's a beaut.

Jill Lau said...

Leisy, I would love to get that book from you. Thanks

Unknown said...

I'm a big believer in celebrating the small stuff. It makes them big stuff!

Michelle said...

Hmmmm ... maybe we'll celebrate too. Sounds like a good enough reason! :)

Leslie said...

I'm a little worried about the fact that you (or Kent) were going almost 40 mph while taking this picture. I'll bet you guys also text while you drive, huh? :)

The 100,000 mile mark is a totally valid reason for a mini holiday. Hope it was a good one!

Susanna said...

Leisy, I think you are so awesome. The more I read your blog and learn about you, the more I regret not knowing you better in High School. You are such a fun, upbeat person, I love that you find small reasons to celebrate and spread you happiness to others.
I remember in High School some of my close frineds (Ben, Brad, Kent...) all thought the world of you and I can totally see why. I am so glad that you and Kent are so happily married and have the sweetest little baby boy ever!!!
You are great!