Thursday, January 31, 2008

tag.

Cousin Hailey, this one is for you. And yes, it is only 4:45 in the morning. I have a ridiculous earache. Don't only children get earaches? I am doing this only to abide the time until the excedrin kicks in. I think it's Toledo. My immune system has been under attack since we've been here. I've never had this many sicknesses in such a short period of time in all of my life. Maybe I have some terrible auto immune disease. ew. Let's hope not.

What were you doing ten years ago?
so, like cousin Hailey I don't have that good a memory! luckily I keep an insanely good and detailed journal. ten years ago today I got in a car accident with my friends matt, ben, and scott. We were driving to a fireside at the Marriot Center.

five things on my to-do list today
1. go to walking group
2. serve missionaries lunch at their zone conference
3. update blog. again.
4. change diapers. feed baby. read him books.
5. ummm. so maybe that's it. wow, my life is easy. oh wait, we may go to the zoo today! I'll post pictures if we do.

Things I would do if I were suddenly made a a billionaire:
umm, put it all in investments and high interest accruing accounts. right now we have no need.

2 of my bad habits:
1. biting my fingernails
2. inability to remain quiet. I cannot control my mouth. I voice my input, opinion, anger, happiness, and /or response no matter what and in every situation.


5 places I have lived:
1.(holy) Toledo, OH
2. Rexburg, ID
3. Moscow, Russia
4. Tver, Russia
5. Provo/Orem, UT


5 Jobs I have had:
1. 4 AM snow shoveler (in Rexburg, ID) and I LOVED it.
2. Grounds worker. I love love love to mow lawns.
3. GAP employee. five years strong. I couldn't give up the discount.
4. Jr. High Science teacher/ High school Biology teacher.
5. MOM.


5 Things people don't know about me:
1. I, like kenna s., loathe, more then anything, to be shhhhed. It happens a lot in the temple. Kent and I DO NOT have temple voices when together (or alone for that matter).
2. I crave people and talking. I get really crabby if I sit in my house all day without real people contact and interaction (and, no, zeb does NOT count as a person). Thus the reason that I attend EVERY walking, cooking, book, and play group there is! and sign up to serve missionaries lunch at their zone conference.
3. I actually really really loved being pregnant. and with that said, I really don't like newborn babies, at all. Even my own when he was that age (but I am pretty sure everybody knew that).
4. I was so embarrassed to be bringing a "boyfriend" (kent) to my family reunion (above picture) that I told everyone that he was my cousin justin's (he was living with us at the time) friend.
5. kent and I both have such detailed journals that from the day we became best friends (back in 1997) everything we
EVER did together is RIDICULOUSLY well documented.

I tag my new blogging friends... molly and alicia, and then my old blogging friends.... jill, and cyndi e (you have been blog stalking for awhile now so I consider you an old blogging friend).

18 comments:

Cynthia said...

I love that picture of you and Kent. You both look so happy, plus super fit! What were you doing, white river rafting?!?

Kent and Leisy said...

yep. it's the family reunion that I was afraid to take him on. we white water rafted down the river (in mccall, ID). I nearly drowned. kent jumped in after me though.

brittani c. said...

I went one summer down the Snake River...the one with the "Lunch Counter" rapids. Loved it. We all jumped in the freezing cold water after the ride. A week later, I had one of the most painful earaches. Boo.

Linz said...

Great read Leisy! I don't like being shhhhed either. And I do talk loud as well! Heehee! Cute picture!

Lyndsay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lyndsay said...

I almost died whilst white water rafter (in a river near Mccall) too! After getting dumped into the water, the current was rapidly carrying me into the path of a huge rock. A guy on the boat shoved me out of the way just in time and got a huge gash in his leg as a result. Makes me shudder.
4 AM snow shoveler would be my personal hell, as would the zoo on this freezing day of January!

Anonymous said...

So was that 4:30 am your time? Because I was awake at 2:30 my time...

Anyway, thanks for filling out the tag. Honestly, I hate them, but I can't help but reveal awkward things about me so I fill them out anyway.

Molly said...

thanks for tagging me! I wish I kept as detailed a journal as you do!

Susanna said...

I'm with you on the social interaciton thing. I think that's one of the hardest things about being a stay at home mom, you really have to find places to go and people to see.
I love being pregnant too, and I the first 1-5 months is miserable, thank goodness they don't stay newborns forever!
P.S. You and Kent looks so buff in your river rafting picture, good for you.

Anonymous said...

Hey Leisy! Dave Huish gave me the link to your blog so I thought I'd say Hi! Send me an email sometime!

Dan Patterson
dpatterson256 at yahoo.com

M- your favorite said...

VERY SEXY picture!

p.s. I bought my plane ticket today. :) so I guess you are going to have to put up with me for 5 days in March. No I can't wait to see you guys! :)

Michelle said...

GREAT post. Very entertaining. I didn't know you bit your fingernails?! You've got me hooked on the word "ridiculous". It's very effective in so many ways. :) Love you guys!

Rachael said...

how can there be no need for billions? come on, Leisy! :) Or maybe it's like that scene in 3 amigos (do you know that one?) and I'm just ashamed for admitting my desire to pay off debts... :)

Kent and Leisy said...

rachael... thank heavens we have no debt (did you know that kent is in the air force? they are paying for everything). I'd invest it and then, don't worry, I'd SPEND EVERY PENNY.

tiffany said...

great post loved reading it. my kent is coming to the larry taylor family reunion (he hasnt meet my sisters or their families yet) im excited to see him again however very scared that there might be some kind of fight or something emberrissing will happen (not a fun feeling i might add)

Rachael said...

Leisy, that does make me feel better! I think I knew about the air force, but forgot. Or maybe I never knew... how many years will he owe at the end? One more reason to pray that war in Iraq ends soon! Derek has a college buddy that spent more than a year over in Iraq after dental school. But that might have been army and I understand that they are NOT the same! :)

Kent and Leisy said...

rachael...
They pay for Kent's four years and then we give four back. They do say the Air force is much friendlier than the army, but we'll see. they kind of tell you what you want to hear when you are signing up. we are really excited about living in strange places so after listing the pros and cons, and much prayer!, we decided it was definitely for us. It has its downs for sure, we are just hoping that we won't have to experience all of them! we just want to take advantage of the free flights to any base in the WORLD! :)

boysmum2 said...

Russia and snow ploughing. How different. I don't think I would be very good at being at work at 4am!