Tuesday, January 29, 2008

sleeping kent and happy zeb

part I of post. "sleeping kent"

I have this nasty head cold that seems to worsen beyond explanation right as I lie down to bed each night. Kent falls asleep relatively quickly and I am left to battle breathing. Two nights ago I got up to take another decongestant and decided to get some reading done while it kicked in. When I got back into bed I semi awakened Kent. Here is the conversation that ensued.

Kent: It's so cool
Leisy: What's so cool?
K: It's just so cool!
L: What is?
K: the Uterus
L: whose uterus?
K: the cross section of the uterus
L: whose cross section?
K: the cadaver's
and then he just started mumbling. I feel bad for him. He can't even rest from school while he's sleeping! Oh, I don't think that the cross section of a uterus looks all that cool.


part II of post. "happy zeb"

We went to zeb's pediatrician yesterday (we actually saw the resident, Anosh from Syria, because Dr. Badik is on maternity leave) for a hospital follow-up. He is completely better. The doctor said his lungs sounded 100% clear! HOORAY! no more breathing treatments! no more waking up all night! I think that I am happier than Zeb.

12 comments:

taylor and laney said...

i am laughing out loud at kent's sleep talking. I think you should have asked him to make his pirate sound.

Michelle said...

How can you get me to laugh AND cry in one post?! Kent - you are seriously hilarious. And I'm so SO SO happy too that Zeb is better and happy. He looks so adorable in that pic.

Dad called and said the package came. Thanks you guys! Marissa will be thrilled.

Cynthia said...

His sleep talking and randomness will only get worse when he starts studying for Step 1 because he'll get less sleep and be cramming more information in his head. Maybe you should keep a tape recorder by the bed handy!

Molly said...

Haha, Charles had dreams the other night that he was on Mitt Romney's campaign trail, and he was mumbling the most bizarre stuff all night! I'm glad Zeb's all better!

Linz said...

HAHAHA! Poor Kent!! YEA Zeb!!! I am glad he is doing better!

Anonymous said...

Wow! All 6 of his teeth are evident. Great picture Leis! It is VERY difficult to get him to show off his pearly whites. (P.S. it's cool)

M- your favorite said...

Kent and sleep talking are the funnest thing! I loved it when I heard him talking! It's so silly! Look at his teeth. That is the first thing I noticed. They are so cute!

Amy and Craig said...

I agree with leisy, I don't think the cross-section of the uterus is that cool, but I do think that Kent talking in his sleep is pretty cool! Especially about cadaver parts!

Pat and Brent said...

I'm glad you think it's cool.
It's great to hear that Zeb's lungs are totally clear - very good news! He's so cute with his toothy smile!

taylor and laney said...

Maybe when we have time that isn't devoted to school and work and don't sit around and wait for a baby to wake up from a nap, then we'll blog more.

Steve and Hailey said...

Tag! You're it! Okay so respond only if you want to. It's a little different. You can see the format on our bloggy.

Danielle said...

HAHA! I love your blog! It makes me laugh so hard -especially this story. You are a good writer!