Friday, January 11, 2008

illness and politics.

Update (for those of you who care):During the day I feel fabulous. I think for sure the little bugs have vacated my body, but every morning when I wake up and I feel like they have relaunched an attack. Now I have that terrible cough that won't allow you to sit still longer than five minutes. If I try to stifle anything my eyes start watering and my body heaves out the coughs. Then the cough scratches up my throat all over again. My voice is at about 25%. I am definitely on the up :) and neither Zeb nor Kent are showing any signs of illness! I really want to go running so I hope I am totally better by tomorrow! My attempts to run yesterday were greeted by a very angry throat.

The Michigan primaries are on the fifteenth! just a few short days away. I am so tempted to drive up over the border and see if I can find the candidates! I know that Mitt will be in Hudsonville, but it's nearly four hours away from here. I can't find the exact locations of the other candidates. All of the politics get me so excited! and then so anxious at the same time. On the republican ticket I really am pulling for Romney, but it looks like it's going to be a crazy race. I am excited to see what happens once Guilliani starts campaigning in the bigger states. I just don't like Huckabee...at all. I'm afraid he's too much like Bush. I strongly believe we need a big change and Huckabee is not the force of that change. I'm trying to separate myself from the bias I have towards Romney, but after reading issues and watching debates, I really do like him the most. I still don't like Hilary and I'm not sure I can change that! Right now I'm trying to learn as much as I can about Obama and Edwards.
Sometimes I just wish we could just have the big convention (scheduled in August) tomorrow and then I could focus my energies on choosing one of the two candidates! one of my favorite sites to look at is cnn.com. They have up to date info on everything, and they have it so that you can look at all candidates' positions on the same time about the same issue. Basically it's a candidate comparison (although not entirely comprehensive).

I'll post some Zeb pictures later today (I know that's the real reason you all look at my blog!).

4 comments:

Lorflor said...

good luck with running tomorrow. i had that nasty cold/flu and it didn't leave me alone for two weeks. i lost my voice for about 1.5 days and just when i thought i was getting better, BAM! back down again. anyway - i just hope you really are better tomorrow! love ya!

Unknown said...

nate is obsessed with Mitt. and I'll admit, this year I have cared about politics much more than any other time. so so sorry you feel so icky. i never get sick. jansen sits and coughs in my face and i never seem to get anything.

Kenna said...

You will love living in Ohio during the election. Bush actually came to the Seagate center downtown in 2004.

Rachael said...

I'm actually all for political posts! I wish I had more time (and TV channels) to scope it all out. we might need to find some better antennae somewhere so i can watch debates. derek thinks I'm sick, but I love it all. I want to read a book about elections, politics or something in our RS book group - any ideas? I've searched on amazon, but keep coming up with textbooks that look fascinating... :)