Wednesday, January 9, 2008

ahhhh (silently)!

The worst has finally arrived. My throat feels awful. Still cheese grater bad. You can kind of see the redness in the pictures. Plus, when I swallow, it now feels as though a golf ball has lodged itself down there. And to top it all off, to make matters the worst imagineable, my voice is gone. Last night at cooking group it was nearly gone and hard for me to talk. Kent wasn't here this morning to talk to so I only realized that it was totally gone when the sister missionaries called. I answered with a "hello", but nothing came out. I tried desperately to get out a squeak and finally mustered out a "hey". Sister Dickson just laughed and said "I guess that means you probably won't be able to come teaching with us tonight, huh?" They had dinner with us last night and knew my voice was on its way out. This happens every year-never fail. I think Zeb is starting to wonder why I'm not talking or singing to him or reading books like usual. He keeps giving me these funny stares. I just hope that it's back soon. I HATE not being able to talk. I've been running errands today and I probably seem so rude...not chatting to anybody or saying thank-you. I'm going bonkers!!!!

10 comments:

Erin said...

I'm sorry for your sore throat, I really am, but I've got something of greater importance to ask...do you not have a filling in your mouth? How did you get to be so lucky???

Michelle said...

Ouch. That IS quite red. I canNOT believe it isn't bacterial. That actually stinks - it seems like you would get over it faster with a medicine killing it. I'm so sorry that you are so miserable. Do you really lose your voice every year? Crazy. Take care - get better.

M- your favorite said...

OKAY- Are you sure it's not bacterial. Because that really stinks. That looks like it hurts!! I hope you get feeling better soon. Thanks for helping me look flights up. You guys are great!

Lyndsay said...

I'm going to need a "before" pic to make an accurate assessment.
Poor Leisy!

Julie Sacks said...

LEISY!!! Why the heck am I hearing about you going to walking group and cooking group! Stay home and get better girl!! I know I don't want a throat that looks like that! If you need some hot soup I will bring you some! Get better soon!

taylor and laney said...

i think that picture is gross.

The Jackson Family said...

I'm sooooo sorry! That is the worst kind of sickness! Glad it didn't attack while you were here. Get better soon.

Pat and Brent said...

I bet it's bacterial - maybe not strep but I'm thinking an antibiotic would help. Have you had a fever? How about being stuffed up? That reminds me of an infection I got a few years ago and it was bad but it wasn't strep.

Anonymous said...

eww

Amy and Craig said...

It's funny that you took these pix, not funny that your sick though. I was teaching hte kids about the uvula and so we spent a lot of time opening our mouths and looking down our throats. I hope you're feeling much much better. I get strep just about every time I go home, especially if it's me and the kids and no craig. It's funny but I never get sick when I travel by myself.