Wednesday, January 30, 2008

This morning zeb ate all of the leftover potato soup that was intended for MY lunch. Luckily I love him. Shortly after the feeding he urped carrots up all over my sweater. boo. So I put on my sweatshirt. After his nap we decided to read his favorite books ("that's not my monster" and "feely bugs") when I smelled a rancid smell. He was sitting on my lap so I picked him up to check his diaper. No need to take a peek inside. He had diarrhea. and he had it on ME. yep, that's right, he pooed on me. I changed him (only his diaper needed changing. somehow he got his excrement on me but not on any of his own clothing) and put my sweatshirt in the wash. We continued to read and he got bored so we decided to play. I will take partial fault for this next occurrence. After much thought on his diarrhea and vomit from this morning, I deducted that he was probably getting a tooth. The only way I can get him to open his mouth long enough to check for teeth is by hanging him upside down. I did this and found a swollen gum. He is indeed getting tooth number seven. I repositioned him right side up and brought him close to my face to see if I could get a better look from another angle. The picture should explain exactly what happened. Zeb could not figure out what I had all over my face. Luckily he eats solids now so the urp kinda stuck. It wasn't running into my mouth or nose all that much (which is also why I had the time to take two pictures). He thought it was hilarious.

12 comments:

taylor and laney said...

that is the most foul thing I have ever seen. gross gross gross

Unknown said...

He totally did that on purpose.

Linz said...

Holy moly - that's funny! Sorry for the day of bodily fluids!!

Bean There...Done That said...

Leisy-
I do believe that "urped" is a Gannyism and we have each inherited that funny word from Grandma Mac, Aunt/Grandma Carol, Aunt Joan, and Aunt Metta. I love that we have these treasured words in our vocabularies.
Love
Allie

The Green's said...

How funny! It's been so long since we've see you guys. You have a little monster. He is so cute!

dockters said...

what a day!! it's amazing what you put up with as a mother, isn't it???

ps..I just emailed you a picture that is all to similar to the ones you have posted here...

Kent and Leisy said...

linds... I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one that takes pictures of things like this.

Pat and Brent said...

That is Hilarious! Leisy, you are such a good sport to keep that on your face long enough to share. Zeb looks like he's wondering what in the world happened to you!
Hope those teeth are in shortly - you've had enough bodily fluids for a while.

Emilee said...

I have pictures almost exactly like that. Sad, sad, sad. (However, in my case, it was always John taking the pictures, with me squealing for him to stop taking pictures and get me a rag.)
Motherhood is gross.

Amy and Craig said...

I'm with Laney! Tote NAST! I can't believe you could leave it on your face long enough to take pictures! ack! One time in sunday school this lady was playing with her grandbaby and she totally urped all over the grandma(we were new adn watching from the back). It went in the grandma's mouth and everything. It was especially funny later after we got to know the grandma b/c she was psycho!

Michelle said...

Ew.

Breanne said...

Isn't is so fun to be a mom??!! :)