Sunday, January 20, 2008

Sunday Shmunday!

My rugrat is so fabulous. He just gets more and more fun everyday! He is now totally mobile. He isn't crawling but he moves across the floor in a fashion similar to that of that dance move "the worm". I'll try to post a video tomorrow! It's adorable. He is talking, playing, eating real food, reading books, and just being cute. This is what I wanted when I signed up to have a baby!In other news, it's FREAKING freezing here. I absolutely love it. Here is a little blurb from the news today!
"NBC24 Meteorologist Michael Schlesinger says the arctic blast will be here for the next two days bringing wind chills of minus-10 to minus-20."
It reminds me of Russia. Just the feel of it makes me feel like I am back there! We nearly froze to death my first winter there! The bitter stinging humid wind is INSANE! I love it. It makes your nose hairs frost over! and sends chills down your spine as it sinks into the bones. I crave it! Is that weird?!?! This is a picture of my favorite city (tver) and one of my favorite views! Winter on the Volga.

8 comments:

taylor and laney said...

funny you posted about winter in russia. we just saw the elders walking home and I was telling taylor about those winter nights when it was -20 and you had a two mile walk home and how sometimes you just splurged and found a taxi.

how is the haircut? are you doing it everyday? are you getting any better at it?

Kent and Leisy said...

what is that supposed to mean? getting any better at it?!

Lyndsay said...

I shivered just reading this. Toledo in January/February makes me want to be a snowbird. Sign me up for Florida in the Winter.

taylor and laney said...

you told me that you couldn't do it like the girl who cut it! You did it wonderfully when you were here, I was just wondering how it was going. I know how you are spending time doing your hair, and I was wondering if you feel like it is low maintenance enough for you.

Michelle said...

YES!!! -- it is VERY weird to crave freezing cold, windy weather!! haha. Being able to be inside by a nice, warm fire drinking hot chocolate makes me crave it just a little bit, I guess.

Zeb is so dang, stinkin' cute! No ands, ifs, or buts about it. I can't wait to see his worm crawl.

Now HE'S the one I crave. :)

Julie Sacks said...

Ummm... YEAH ITS WEIRD! I will never understand you kind of people that like the cold. Zeb is pretty cute, it's SO much fun watching them grow and learn new things!

brittani c. said...

I'm just glad that I'm not outside all day every day like our sister missionaries are. Been there done that. The negative degree weather is a little too much for me still.
BTW, I loved your flippy hair yesterday. I'm still trying to find versatility in my hair.

tiffany said...

beutiful picture love it i have a new sister in my ward from russia i cant rember where in russia she is from she seems really nice