Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Zebby had a pretty good day today. We went to playgroup but first had a lengthy discussion about appropriate behavior. There was however a rather small turnout and that may have affected his performance (for the good). We've also started to notice that going to bed is harder for him right now. There are no tears or tantrums- he just questions us as to why Ike gets to stay up and be held while he has to go to bed. He's already using the drink trick amongst others to lengthen out the process. I can totally understand his frustration about it- I would be asking those same questions if I were in his place. "Why does the new kid get to stay up while I have to go to bed??!?!"

New Recipe.
I've been in search of a great pizza crust recipe forEVER. This one comes from my cousin Rachael (THANK-YOU thankyou thank-YOU!!!!) and is absolutely wonderful. It makes a great crust and fabulous breadsticks. Zoom in on the pic for the full delicious effect. Yum-o. She has posted the recipe on her blog- but I wanted to post it as well so I could add it to my favorite recipe collection. We've already made it quite a few times!!

1 c hot water
2 Tbs milk
1 Tbs shortening
1 Tbs olive oil
2 tsp sugar
1 1/4 tsp salt
1 1/4 tsp quick rise yeast (1 1/2 active dry)
add
3 Cups and 1 Tbsp flour

Knead for 5-10 minutes, til smooth elastic ball. Let rise about 45 minutes. Deflate gently and allow to rest for 15 minutes. Roll into 2 thin pizzas, one thick one or use for calzones. You can refrigerate dough in an oiled plastic bag for up to two days. It also makes yummy breadsticks (cut with a pizza cutter, twisted and rolled in butter, sprinkled with garlic powder and parmesan and placed on a cookie sheet). Bake about 415-420 for 15 minutes.


5 comments:

Laney said...

i am going to make these tonight!

dockters said...

me too! those look so good!

The Ziemers said...

Thanks for the recipe. They look delicious!

Outlandish McCandlish said...

I would mess with Zeb's head and every time Ike is sleeping I would tell Zeb that if he wants to stay up like Ike he has to sleep when Ike is sleeping. Maybe that would help him notice how much more Ike sleeps in the daytime, and help him appreciate that he doesn't have to sleep all the time like Ike and gets to stay up and have fun during the day.

Rachael said...

I'm SO glad that you like it!! Too bad I didn't invent it myself or I'd feel really good... :)