Monday, March 16, 2009

my apologies to our dear friend (and houseguest) brad!)

It's 11 am and here are my kiddos. Neither have decided to get up for the day yet. We had a LONG night and unfortunately Kent and Brad (hooray for visitors!!) had to be off early to school!









Zeb is still asleep because he didn't sleep last night. He was up from midnight to five thirty this morning for reasons still unknown. He woke up at midnight and had all sorts of ridiculous crying fits until five thirty. No fever- miraculously no cough- and no other obvious symptoms. He was rolling and writhing a lot- and screaming but nothing more to specify a problem. For awhile I thought his appendix had burst or something. He was pretty inconsolable. He calmed down a few times to eat- to watch thomas or to try and doze off but the breaks were short lived. Poor dang kid. I HATE not knowing what is wrong with kidlets. I HATE when they are miserable and inconsolable. It makes me feel terrible and insanely nervous. I thought for sure his appendix was rupturing or something. Obviously he is not having problems anymore because he is still dead asleep! And what did Ike do through all of the drama of last night? he did what he always does. He slept. He still sleeps. We have the most ridiculously easy baby.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Did you see my post not long ago??? Maybe Zeb's ear drum ruptured??? Check for drainage!

Unknown said...

You and Laney used to get night terrors as little children. Do you think that's what it was? And who was your guest?

XXOO to Zeb and Fred from Nannie Annie. Tell Zebber that Auntie M is on her way.

P.S. Go to FB and invite Hilary and Hailey to come visit. They are looking for summer trips and I suggested they come see you and Laney.

Amy and Craig said...

yeah, I'm guessing ear infection. Be careful about saying how easy Ike is outloud, kids like to prove their parents wrong. Poor Zeb, it's good that Ike is so mellow right now. Who can handle two unhappy babies. I agree on the sick thing. It's miserable.

Kent and Leisy said...

amy and jess- I bet it's totally an ear thing. I think that kent's going to bring an otoscope home today and take a look. he's never had an ear infection before so I just didn't think of it. He's doing much better now though- so whatever it was may be cleared up already.