Tuesday, March 31, 2009

ew. ew. ew.

I would consider myself a lover of bugs- an amateur entomologist of sorts. I think insects are beautiful. I collect them even. This evening, however, I was totally freaked out by this disgusting creature that decided to make itself at home in our apartment. Kent could not believe that it made me screech. I quickly pointed out that by the strictest of definitions this hideous creature was NOT an insect and therefore I did not like it. Even the pictures gross me out. I stumbled upon this thing running down our hallway. It was HUMONGOUS. These pictures do no justice to its magnitude. There had better be NO MORE of them.

13 comments:

Erin said...

I'm not at all sure, but is this a silverfish? We used to get these a few times a year when we lived in my grandma's basement in Logan. Seriously, they move fast, they are big and long, and they totally freak me out. I hope you never see one again!

Amy and Craig said...

That is SOOO disgusting and foul! I hope you don't have nightmares about it, I might!

Kent and Leisy said...

I quite liked him. The way he propelled his body down the hallway at lightning speed was fascinating. I wasn't allowed to kill him - just fling him as far away from our house as possible. Leisy was screaming people - I couldn't believe my ears.
- Kent

Linz said...

YIKES!!!! That would have freaked me out too!

Lyndsay said...

AGH! They are SO fast too!
Did you know they eat spiders?

Unknown said...

What is it? That is disgusting! Keep it away from those sweet baboos.

Love ya,

NA

Gio, Tasha, and Bella said...

That's a House Centipede. We had one a few months ago. It was gross!

Kent and Leisy said...

lyndsay-I'd MUCH rather have the spiders!

Laney said...

I can't even stand to look at your blog. gross.

M- your favorite said...

I think I would have screamed also. That is SICK!! And it moves fast? I hate it. Spray your house. That is sick!

Outlandish McCandlish said...

Trust me there are more.

Jana said...

I hate those things. Too scary! I saw three for the first time last fall.

Cynthia said...

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! kaitlyn