Saturday, March 21, 2009

I don't want our nanny to leave tomorrow!!!

I think I'm starting to realize that once you've got kiddos- a birthday isn't what it used to be! I am so lucky that metta was here today! We went to the mall this morning to look for something fun and Kent spent the ENTIRE time chasing Zeb. The world is Zeb's playground and he had a blast but I'm so glad that I had someone to actually shop with! Then all I really wanted to do was go running- but Zeb was EXHAUSTED. Luckily Metta stayed home while he napped so Kent and I could go running. It was so nice.
Finally this evening Kent and I got to go out while metta read books and played trains with Zeb. She even got him to sleep :) Newborns are so much easier than toddlers!!!! I'm so sad that our nanny is leaving tomorrow morning!










oh- and zeb did get his trains back today. He threw a fit while we were working out at the church on thursday (and it seems that all tantrums at the church somehow stem from trains) so he lost the privileges. He actually did pretty well without them and seemed to understand what was going on. He also knows that the same consequence stands for subsequent tantrums.

6 comments:

Jason & Shannon said...

I'm glad he got his trains back! How nice to have a shopping buddy, who will later watch your kids! How nice of her! I really like the picture of met holding Ike. It's super cute.

Aubri said...

When we lived in the Philippines we had a housekeeper/nanny that lived with us. The laundry alone would've killed me but it was so nice to have someone to help with our daughter. It was great cause my husband was working nights there and she was awake in the day and I was somewhere in between. And while a lot of the chores etc here are easier because of modern conveniences etc we still miss having the nanny around for help and company etc.

Pat and Brent said...

Metta is such a cute girl. Just look at the chubby cheeks on Ike! Holy Cow(or is it Toledo) - that happened in one week! Zeb looks like he's in train heaven with his pink train.

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday sweet Leisyloo! Sounds like you had a fabulous day with Metta there!

I absolutely love the joy on Zeb's face with his trains lined up.

Renae said...

Happy Birthday Leisy!

Amy and Craig said...

super cute pic of metta with ike! I like her hair!