Sunday, March 8, 2009

blessed baby and tornado tornado tornado!

Grandma Pat, Grandpa Brent, and auntie Melynda arrived yesterday to meet Ike and be here for Ike's baby blessing today.
The blessing was great and Ike was perfect (as usual). I am not a fan of fancy blessing outfits on babies- but kent's mom knit Ike the cutest little sweater to wear and it was adorable. He looked like a little old man.
The best part of the day was when Kent's family took our kiddos home after sacrament meeting and Kent and I got to enjoy our meetings childless for the first time in a long long time!
Ike's baby acne decided to get really bad just in time for his grandparent's arrival and the blessing!












The Millers will be here for the majority of this week so I'm sure we'll have LOTS more pics and adventures to post.

In other exciting news we had three tornadoes touch down this evening not too far from Toledo! The tornado sirens went off while we were sitting chatting. I thought it was just a siren test until I turned on the tv and realized there was a major storm with rotating clouds headed our directions! It was rather fun and adventurous- but made Kent's dad mighty nervous! It was actually pretty intense and we were warned to take cover in small windowless rooms or stairwells. I did neither- hoping to catch a glimpse of something exciting. The storm ended up dissipating just before it reached us. It did leave us with some pretty cool clouds and bright blue skies afterwards though.

10 comments:

Amy and Craig said...

How fun to have visitors! If you like that kind of excitement you should be happy to move further South. When we lived in KY those sirens went off nearly every afternoon in the summer. We were happy to have a large walk-in closet in our bedroom. We kept toys and coloring books and our 72 hr kit there. I don't miss that. Especially since Craig was usually on his way home from work during all the excitement.

Laney said...

your poor baby has bad zits!

The Jackson Family said...

Sounds like you guys are having all sorts of fun adventures! I wish we were there to join the festivities, I would probly be freaking about tornado warnings-SCARY!

Kent and Leisy said...

zeb's zits were still way worse, laney!! and at least my kid doesn't throw up constantly!!

Unknown said...

Girls! You both have beautiful and healthy babies. Stop it already. Do I have to referee from here?

Laney, did you go over for the blessing? And Leisy, is everybody staying with you?

Ilene Holt said...

I think it's just fact that babies break out at blessing time. At least that's my experience. Anyway, congrats on the babe. Cute family! You can visit my blog if ya wanna. www.calvinholtfamily.blogspot.com I don't update much but...oh well.
It's good to see of your existence! Later, Ilene

yaya said...

Ike looks so sweet! Have a fun week with family...glad the tornado missed you. We had one come through the Pines during our son Phil's outdoor wedding reception. Now that was not fun!

boysmum2 said...

I remember the warnings from the few times I have been in Ohio. Bit wary at first but you get use to them. Brings back memories. Congrats on the naming ceromony. Glad it went well

Michelle said...

Ike's blessing outfit is so sweet and handsome!! That sweater is GORGEOUS. Wow! I love it. What a precious baby. He looks adorable.

I am VERY glad you all survived the tornado.

Pam Dahl said...

I still can't believe you are the mother to 2 handsome young boys!