Tuesday, February 5, 2008

sUpeR FaT tuESdaY.... two holidays in one!

FAT tuesday
(Did you all know that Mardi Gras is French for Fat Tuesday?)
Here is little Zeb celebrating fat tuesday (sorry mom...but if it makes you feel any better, I didn't participate in the donut eating)! I guess it's kind of a big deal around here because of the Polish population. All the stores are selling these little "panczki" (donuts) and so we couldn't help (kent loves donuts) but join in the celebration. Fat Tuesday is the day preceding Lent (which involves fasting) so all of the rich ingredients like eggs, sugar, flour, and oil must be purged from the household. Those ingredients are usually used to make panczki or pancakes! Apparently IHOP celebrates by offering free pancakes, but postponed it until next Tuesday because they didn't want to conflict with Super Tuesday. Why and how the free pancakes interfere with elections, I have no idea. But we are going to go to IHOP next week after walking group to celebrate Fat Tuesday again.

SUPER tuesday

This super tuesday thing is giving me anxiety...BAD! I am considering not turning on the tv or checking the internet tomorrow morning. I am beginning to think that Huckabee is just a John McCain plant to steal votes. He knows that he has no chance but he's still in there stealing Mitt's audience. I am quite envious of all of those in Super Tuesday states. We have to wait until March to cast our votes. I do hope however that in March the Republican ticket is still up in the air! It would be great to have a say in what happens. The map shows today's elections.

Purple= republican and democratic primaries
red= republican primary
blue=democratic primary

14 comments:

Erik said...

not sure if you want to know my thoughts of why ihop isn't offering the free stuff today, but it is probably because with more people out and about they will have plenty of business, so they don't need incentives to get people in their stores.

taylor and laney said...

this is my favorite picture of zeb. and i have the super tuesday anxiety as well. i am not reading any of the articles.

Molly said...

Such a cute smile!

Unknown said...

Super Tuesday is giving me anxiety too, only I'm planning on driving myself crazy watching the polls all day. You're probably right about Huckabee though.

Leslie said...

I think it's great that you and I have similar posts today, Leisy. I am way excited to be participating in Super Tuesday. Hopefully we can wipe Huckabee right out of the race.

Anonymous said...

Let it be known: I did not even suggest buying the donuts. I think Leisy just feels bad for me because of the test this week, so she bought me donuts.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I did know that Mardis Grad is French for Fat Tuesday. I paid, and continue to pay, attention in my classes. I also read the news.

Anonymous said...

isn't taylor a mr. smarty pants.

Anonymous said...

mr. taylor really is a smarty pants and I quite love him for it.

David and Jodee said...

and I love mr. taylor for that reason....J/K don't let Laney read this or else she'll come pull my hair or something! so I'm pretty much in love with this song on your blog....what is it??? Fab!

Katie and Steve said...

So, did you win snything for Monday's picture of the day?
nbc24.com for those interested. GO MITT!

M- your favorite said...

What a cutie! He loves doughnuts just like his daddy! Cute little man!

taylor and laney said...

i really love this picture of zeb. it is my favorite, ever.

Brittney said...

I can't stand Huckabee! But seeing Zeb chowing down on that donut makes me smile in spite of what happened yesterday. =)