Wednesday, February 13, 2008

happy early valentimes

Yes, it's pink, but it's a large bug so I decided to let him play with it. He loves to shake it and listen to the eyeballs rattle around. Thank you nannie annie, gpa, and daysa for Zeb's valentine (apparently you forgot about your real family member, ME! zeb is only 50% Oswald you know!!). To Kent's chagrin, it leaves little Zeb covered in festive glitter. I think it's kinda cute. I can't wait till tomorrow! I absolutely love Valentine's Day. Yet another reason to do something special and exciting. Let's hope and pray that there isn't another minor snow flurry that shuts down Toledo. Yesterday everybody went crazy. No cooking group even! I was devastated and reveled in my fair share of sulking before Kent finally snapped me out of it. It was the first time I have been angry at the snow! I quickly shifted my blame to the city of Toledo and it's atrocious snow removal methods. It's all Carty Finkbeiner's fault. Dang liberals.

6 comments:

Emilee said...

Everywhere I've lived, people complain about the snow removal, though. I think it's just a rule. However fast they plow, it's never fast enough. I was sad about cooking group, though. And I'm willing to be angry at Carty for yet one more thing. So I'll jump on the bandwagon.

Julie Sacks said...

Surprisingly, the cake is not spicy at all, in fact I don't even know if there would be a difference if you did not put it in. And the one in the picture is just Texas sheet cake cut in circles and in half with frosting in the middle. Someday I will have to make that Love Goddess Cake for everyone though, it is terribly delicious! And I felt the same way, I was so sad about cooking group. And sadly I will be meeting with my social worker in the morning so no walking group for me!

Michelle said...

Ohhhhh ... Zeb is so cute. Sorry about the lock down. Tonight, somewhere over by Eagle Mountain and Saratoga Springs, 175 children have to spend the night at their school, because the roads are closed due to snow and wind. Paranoia, huh? Busses tipped over ... from what I saw on the news - it was a mess. There's very little snow here in Orem, though. Isn't that weird?

Kent and Leisy said...

emilee.. I'll be the first to say just how FABULOUS I thought the snow removal in Utah was. We woke up and the roads were always mysteriously clear! I am normally a snow removal lover. Rumor has it that Toledo only has a total of seven snow plows for the entire city though.

Amy and Craig said...

I found it really is just best to blame all bad things on Ohio! :> Just like all those crazy things, like car chases and crazy people doing dumb things that you see on tv or on those crazy video shows, it always happens in Ohio! The best thing to come out of that place is Egg. (Cr-egg that is). I and a lot of presidents, but they haven't all been good.

Amy and Craig said...

I found that it really is best to just blame all bad things on Ohio.