Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Happy International Pancake Day!!!




Yum! It goes on all day today! you aren't too late! Everybody head to IHOP (till 10 tonight) for free pancakes :)

We decided to head over after walking group to make sure the calories that we burned off were quickly returned! Six adults, nine kids, and 39 free pancakes. It was wonderfully fun. We all ordered waters as well. I was a little embarrassed at first but then realized...hey, what the heck, they are the ones offering free pancakes, right? and we did leave a nice tip.

The pancakes were giant and delicious! and all of the little girls loved the pink and purple syrup (strawberry and blueberry). I have decided that wherever something free is offered, there you will also find Mormons! Why is it that we flock to these events (remember how we showed up early in the pouring rain to get free mall t-shirts back in September)? I get excited about being a part of them! Maybe I'm crazy, definitely I'm thrifty (aka cheap) :)

Don't mind the fact that we all look so beautiful in our pictures. Not yet showered, no make-up, and great walking outfits. It was a blast to sit and chat. Zeb slept through most of the event, but did manage to get in a pancake at the end.

7 comments:

Cynthia said...

thanks for getting the post up so quickly. Now I am going to use the pics on my blog!

dockters said...

Ahhh...no fair!! It looks like fun! I'm glad you got to go! And way to order waters...the cheaper the better!

Anonymous said...

please take that coat off of zeb! he looks like he can't move. it makes me uncomfortable just looking at that picture. i think he is loosing circulation in his arms.

Anonymous said...

sorry laney! it was FREEZING outside. he fell asleep and had just barely woken up! I took it off him immediately after the picture was taken.

Molly said...

What a good idea! We're going for sure.

Emilee said...

We went for lunch when John got back from the ER. So much fun. I love free stuff!

Julie Sacks said...

If you enlarge the pic it looks like Cohen's big eyes are saying, "ummmm, paaaancaaaakes!" Thanks for getting us all to get out there and beg for free food.