Friday, February 15, 2008

maybe that's why....


The rugrat has lost his voice. I hope that it isn't accompanied by a sore throat because it's pretty cute actually. This video snippet shows just how bright out little Einstein is. I think that he understands a lot of what we say. He is quite the obedient child.

I have been wondering what caused his loss of voice and then I remembered what had happened early yesterday morning. As you all know, Zeb is mobile. Mobile children seem to find the nastiest and weirdest of carpet detritus. Yesterday morning was no exception. I looked over to see zeb chomping away with this nasty little gray straggler hanging out of his mouth. Upon closer examination and IMMEDIATE extraction, I found THIS!!!! AHHHHHHHHHH. He had the whole freaking thing in his mouth. As I pulled it out of his mouth, and it kept coming and coming, I actually dry heaved. I didn't even dry heave when I was pregnant! I have no earthly idea as to what it is or where it came from. It looks like a dirty mop string, but we don't have a mop!!! what does it look like? any ideas on what it could be? click on the image to get a better look. nast-o.

In spite of the voice and nasty wormy thing, Z has been healthy, happy, and cheerful! Last night I asked him to go to bed early and he went to sleep at 6:45 (obedient, huh?). At six Kent got home from his meijer scavenger hunt (which included many a perilous search. you'll have to ask him about it as some of his adventures at the store are not blog appropriate) and picking up Chili's takeout--oh so delicious and free (we finally spent the gift card he gave me Christmas 2006). Zeb ate dinner with us and then promptly zonked. Such a good little rugrat!!

12 comments:

brittani c. said...

Sick. What was your child thinking? He must have enjoyed the texture of that rope/string/worm thing. At least he's less likely to be a picky eater.

taylor and laney said...

that is the most horid thing we have ever seen, I showed it to the girls at work and we were all dry heaving. gross gross gross

Cynthia said...

That string reminds me of a worm. Nasty!! I have no idea what it could possibly be. Like you thought, it looks most like a mop string, but where could he have gotten it?

arly said...

Nast!! I can't believe that. I would have puked all over if I pulled that from my child's mouth. Sounds like you guys are doing great. I love to get on your blog and catch up. Zeb is sure sweet. I'm glad you posted that old picture of Kent. It's fun to see Zeb's resemblance! Hope you're not too cold out there!

M- your favorite said...

It looks like a hoodie sting-are you messing any?

Rachael said...

EW!!!! Leisy - that is so gross! It makes me wonder if you'd even want to know what it is. Is it better to know or not to know? Ew, ew, ew.

Derek and Carver both used a toothbrush at his parents over christmas that turned out to be... yep, the toilet cleaning one. I thought that was gross, but the mop/worm takes the cake! Ew.

Anonymous said...

Oh man, that is so gross! Who knows what that thing is and I agree that maybe you don't really want to find out!

Michelle said...

What a funny post! Zeb's shirt is perfect for him ... very adorable.

Holy cow - that wormy string is so SO disgusting. I can't believe he had that ALL in him!! Did HE throw up when you pulled it out?

Can't wait to hear about Kent's adventures. I'll be calling. :)

Katie said...

Leisy...I have been wondering where you guys were forever! I'm so glad you found my blog, now I can keep in touch with you. And I found Laney's blog off of your's yeah, I'm so excited. I'd love your email address so that we can keep in touch, mine is ktgivens@gmail.com. Your little boy is so cute, I had no idea that you had a baby!

Wanamakers said...

Hello Millers!!!! I was blog hopping recently and somehow made it to your blog!

Zeb is adorable!

It's been a long time! We'd love to catch up with you guys! Give us a call or email us @ benwanamaker@gmail.com.

Cheers!

Ben and Kelcy

The Jackson Family said...

What the h...! That string/worm is the most disgusting slimy thing! What on earth was Zeb thinking to put that whole thing in his mouth?

Jason, Kodi, Jake and Tyler said...

That thing is so gross! Zeb is getting so big, and SO cute! Good luck finding out what that thing is...YUCK! Kodi