Wednesday, February 27, 2008

ice cream, chris march, and russia

We found this new flavor of ice cream. It is TO DIE FOR and it's LIGHT. This whole slow churned ice cream technology is the best thing since the internet. The ice cream tastes just as delicious and has 1/2 the fat and 1/3 the calories. A-freaking-mazing. Really though, this flavor is UNREAListicly good. Oh my.

Tonight was the second to last episode of project runway season 4. Kent humors me every Wednesday night and sits and watches it with me from 10 to 11. I have become obsessed and now have great anxiety as to the outcome of "Bryant Park's Fashion Week" runway show next episode. Last week they eliminated Sweet P and I was devastated. After the show I even asked Kent if I could send her a letter with ten dollars in it. This week they ousted Chris March. I love that guy. He's the large one in the picture. His laugh could cheer up the entire country of Russia if he visited. I don't think the fact that he used human hair in his pieces was all that gross. Definitely not so bad as to get him eliminated.

And finally, speaking of the Mother Country, tonight I had the opportunity to help with the Youth activity at the church. It was a blast! The kids took "flights" (on a makeshift plane with a real flight attendant from the ward) to different countries and stopped by Russia. Another guy in the ward did it with me and it was pretty fun. We completely froze out our room (eric, the guy that did Ecuador, got a bunch of space heaters and totally baked the kids that went to his stop. It was so hot that one girl even threw up!) by opening doors and windows. I made cabbage and potato piroshki and found real vafli and rulet cakes at the local Russian grocery store! The kids wouldn't touch the cabbage and potato rolls ,but luckily all of the leaders loved them. I did snap a picture of our room. I even completely dressed up in my traditional russian dress. I love the youth and can't wait till Zeb's a teenager :) I know, I know... I am wishing things beyond my own comprehension and wisdom. I really do love teenagers though.

9 comments:

brittani c. said...

Sounds like a fun activity! I bet the youth loved it.

Jill Lau said...

So who do you want to win project runway!! I am also obsessed. I will watch the same episode a couple of times which really is quite dumb. Jillian is kind of quiet and boring but I love her clothes so I hope she wins.

Kent and Leisy said...

jill, I totally agree. I love jillian's style. Christian makes me giggle, but his clothes are too much for me. and really, I just don't like rami much at all.

Cynthia said...

What a fun youth activity and I love how you guys even tried to mimic the climate.

Lyndsay said...

we've LOVED the slow churned discovery. it's a great option for those who aren't ready for frozen yogurt but want to avoid the fattiness of normal ice cream.
i love your dedication to making the youth's visit to your countries authentic.

Molly said...

I can't believe someone actually threw up! Sounds like a great activity idea, though! Charles needs to teach me some Russian food recipes!

Emilee said...

There's a local Russian grocery store? Are there that many Russians in Toledo? I never knew.

Kent and Leisy said...

emilee... unfortunately the russian grocery store is going out of business. I'm pretty miffed (but I did get the stuff for the activity on pretty deep discount). Kent and I have run into quite a few russians though! we've seen them at walmart, swan creek park, on campus, and one of zeb's respiratory therapists at toledo children's hospital was Russian!

Deneal said...

I am seriously sad I missed out on potato piroshki and vafli! Yum! Anyways, kudos for making the youth activity really cool.