Sunday, February 24, 2008

wonderful saturday!

It's finally warming up :) Yesterday got above 32 degrees and I decided it was finally warm enough to run outside again. I forgot how hard it is to run hills pushing Zeb in his stroller. It about kicked my trash! But it felt GREAT to be outside. Besides some of the bumpy terrain (thanks to the snow) Zeb enjoyed the outing as well. He even zonked for the last 20 minutes.

Later in the day we got to go to an AMAZING little lunch party. One of Kent's classmates lived in Brazil for a year with his wife and they had a bunch of people with Brazilian connections over for a huge Brazilian feast ! Lucky for us, Kent had the connection . They set up their house like a bistro and made authentic Brazilian food. I meant to get a picture but the food was consumed far too quickly. It looked almost exactly like this picture. I know, it looks nast-o, but really, it was absolutely delicious! It was some of the best Brazilian food I've had. Kent also agreed. He said it was very very authentic! and even zeb ate it up (although the beans seemed to pass right through him as we discovered this morning)! Kent promised he'd try to make it for us soon. I was shocked at how much I enjoyed it.

After the Brazilian bash Kent agreed to take me to see his cadaver! I've been asking since he started anatomy and this was the last week that "guests" were allowed. The Sacks (other first years in the ward) came with us so we could switch off babies (for some reason they aren't allowed down in the lab). It was fascinating! We did cadavers in college but not to this extent AT ALL! Kent's body was ridiculously greasy. It made me want to go out and go running again. There was fat lining EVERY organ in the body. He even had a hernia that filled his scrotum with so much fat that it was as large as a grapefruit.

Little Zeb loved the outing because he got to play with his pal, Cohen. They are 24 days apart but little Zeb seems to be packing on the pounds lately and looks like a little monster next to him! Zeb's cheeks get fatter and fatter everyday. We aren't sure what he's doing in this bottom picture!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute! Your video clips were so fun to watch, Zeb is really growing up quickly!

Cynthia said...

That Brazilian food picture actually looked good to me. The real stuff must have been delicious.
Your picture of the park makes me excited for walking group at Swan Creek again. I hope it warms up soon!

Leslie said...

Yay for yummy Brazilian food! And for the record, I think this post should be rated PG-13 for straight-up nasty content! (Not referring to Zeb of course. HE'S darling. :) )

Susan said...

Leisy, you are truly amazing!!! Thank you!! BTW, your litte guy is sooo cute. How much longer does kent have in school?

Lyndsay said...

I had Erik show me the cadaver he had been working on too. {shudder}
Can you believe there was sun here today too!?

Julie Sacks said...

Cohen looks like a scrawny little kid next to zeb! It sure was fun yesterday, let us know when kent makes Brazilian food, we will be right over to eat some!!! It sure was delicious!

Pat and Brent said...

Looks like Zeb is getting a head start on palpating a cranium. Smart kid that he is!
The Brazilan fare looks good - and fun. You seem to find lots of fun things to be involved in.
Jogging in 32 degrees does not sound too warm. It's been in the 40's here and still seems cold. We've had an inversion and the skies are gray. Can't wait till spring.

tiffany said...

well i dont envy the cold weather at all brazilan food is good a guy in one of my wards i coverd on my misson open a couple restraunts serving brazial food (he went to brazial on his misson) i think he opened some in utah its called rodizios thats spelled wrong and in the last picture zeb is giving him a love pat

tiffany said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erin said...

TMI about the cadaver, Leisy.

taylor and laney said...

i agree with erin. i don't ever want to hear about grapefruit sized scrotums again. ugh.

Amy and Craig said...

I think that zeb is probably trying to EAT Cohen, but it's just a guess!

toddkmack said...

So I was reading your blog out loud to Marybeth who is studying nursing, and then I got to the part about s...sc...scro...Nope. I can't even write it. I about gagged when I tried to say it. But your little boy's super-cute, and I love his name. I'm wondering if it is short for something or is it just Zeb? I'm sure I'm the first person to ask you this question.

Kent and Leisy said...

todd... you wouldn't believe the scrotum. it was horrendous. I didn't think a scrotum could be that large. and about our rugrat... his real name is Charles Zbinden Miller. It's a family name...Swiss German :) We decided with a last name like Miller he needed a good name to go by! we are worried about teaching him to spell it though! We'll just stick with zeb until he's older.