Tuesday, February 26, 2008

"near blizzard"









The news stations have sent out the winter storm warnings. The storm has an official category. The weather has now reached "near blizzard" status. What a funny funny city (you know how sometimes when you say funny, you really mean dumb? this is one of those times). It will never reach actual "blizzard" status because the winds aren't high enough. Can't we just call it a snow storm? my goodness. Here is a picture of Al and Roxanne, our "fix-it" people, making sure that our walks our clear :) Thank you Al and Roxanne. We are supposed to have 8-12 inches by tonight!


The snow is absolutely BEAUTIFUL. I just love snow so so much. School was cancelled for Kent (but he went anyway to study. thank you andrew for your four wheel drive!) and we didn't have walking group, so I decided to send Zeb outside to play. I bundled him up in his snowsuit, and I in mine :) and we set out to roll around in the snow.

He liked to be outside, but he didn't really appreciate the snow like I do. He's getting there (although it may not look like it). When I was little my parents made me do all sorts of things that I didn't like and it has made me a stronger person. He wasn't cold, he just didn't like that he couldn't move :) Both he and Sam were kind of party poopers. I could have stayed out all day :) We did stay out long enough to make snow angels! and if you look closely you can see Zeb's name written in the snow! Lindsay put food coloring in a water bottle and we did snow art.









10 comments:

taylor and laney said...

child abuse.

Jason & Shannon said...

Poor Zeb! He looks so sad!!! Yuck snow. Way to make him tough.

SDL said...

Get Zeb accustomed to extreme weather. As atmospheric C02 levels continue to rise we'll soon pass the threshold that will cause some crazy climate changes, and my biggest fear is that we are going to enter another ice age. I couldn't live if we never pulled out of a winter. Zeb is our future.

Cynthia said...

I am so glad you love playing out in the snow so much. Zeb will definitely appreciate it when he is a little older because then he will want to be outside making a snowman.
I love the watercolor on the snow idea. And the picture of Zeb and Sam looking at each other is adorable!

Julie Sacks said...

I just want to pick Zeb up and love him better. Poor kid, I feel his pain, I would hate to be in the snow! But then again, I hate any kind of winter weather!

tiffany said...

snow isnt going to make him stronger its a good good thing you love the snow i dont like it at all i'll take the heat any day of the week the pictures are cute howevewr i feel bad for zeb doing his snow angel he wasnt having to much fun from the looks of it

Emilee said...

Walking group was cancelled? I missed the memo. Katie and I showed up anyway, and both of us said, "Leisy never misses walking group. Where is she?"

Linz said...

That looks like fun! He didn't seem to like the snow angel, though! Glad you had fun!

Michelle said...

I can't believe how much bigger Zebby is than that other baby (Cohen?). It cracked me up. :)

Zeb is so happy and involved. I just love him.

The snow is beautiful. Today in Orem, Utah, however - was nearly Spring-like! HOORAY!! It was WONDERFUL!

M- your favorite said...

It's been awhile since I have been on the blog-Zeb is so cute! He is bigger-what a good little guy-It's better that they eat then don't eat. So I guess that is good. I love the video's of him. He is such a cute little man. I can't wait. Just 1 1/2 weeks to go.