Thursday, July 22, 2010

1,004

Somehow I missed my thousandth post last week! Happy one thousand (and four) to us.  I would like to make a celebratory post- but it will have to wait.  For now- it's just normal us doing normal stuff.

We've been really busy with normal lately. We're gone a lot- or playing- or cleaning- and sometimes just reading.  But, for whatever reason I haven't been the best blogger. I have, however, finished a lot of good books.

Zeb's been sleeping in the tub since we got back from Utah. One night he kept waking up Ike and I told him if he did it again he'd have to sleep in the tub.  I've got to be careful with my threats because he ended up loving it and now won't give it up.  It's dark and quiet and away from Ike so we've let it stick for the time being.

 and here is my favorite Zeb face.  He's been such a fun kid lately- but he also has such a little temper.  When he gets really upset he stands- fists clenched- and growls "I'm annnnngry.  I stomp my feet!" and then he stomps his left foot repeatedly.   Next time it happens, I'll get it on video.

 Ike is all about "choo-choos" and "kachows". Kachows are race cars and here he is cheering them on.  He yells "vroom-vroom" and "kachow" over and over as he watches the movie "Cars" or hears anything rev it's engine.  Here's the rascal in action.

6 comments:

yaya said...

Congrats on your 1000 and counting posts! You are a great blogger and I enjoy all the cute pics of the kiddos and I admire how you and Kent juggle kids, his school crazy life, church and home and still manage to have fun and be thrifty. As long as Zeb doesn't turn on the faucet it should be OK to sleep there!

M- your favorite said...

I love his one stink eye. That is when you know he is really not happy. Cute kids!

Delaps said...

I was glad to hear that Zeb is Saying he is Angry and stamps his feet. Ellie is going through a pretty emotional stage right now too. It is frutstrating for me, but it makes me relax knowing you are going through it too.

Michelle said...

Loooove those faces!

The bathtub, really?!? That is seriously hilarious. :D

boysmum2 said...

Congrats on 1000, I am about 50 off of mine, so maybe towards the end of the year at the rate I am blogging!
I love the fact he is sleeping in the tub, so cute, but hey, at least he is sleeping

mandi said...

I keep meaning to tell you - it was so fun seeing you guys!! We were dorks and didn't say goodbye. But I loved seeing you cute boys in real life!