Sunday, July 25, 2010

 Happy Pioneer Day! 
I really wanted to have a Pioneer Day party this year since it was on Saturday- so I talked Kent into having the Elder's Quorum sponsor one and provide the food :)  We did a Pioneer Day 5k Trek, 3k walk, and then children's parade!  We played games- and enjoyed time with friends at the Park.  Besides the humidity being atrocious- the day couldn't have gone better!  Kent ran the 5k with the stroller the entire time- and it was great to run by myself.  No pictures of me are included because I looked like sweaty death.  The heat index was 105 that day.
The kiddos made plastic bag kites, had a tug-o-war, and played kickball. It was a great morning.

Today the weather was much much more pleasant. Mid-eighties with lower humidity. We decided to celebrate by playing kickball with the boys after dinner.

Kent helped Zeb pick out his clothes for the afternoon. I really can't stand the sleeveless shirt thing and I gave Zeb my opinion. He looked very shocked and replied: "But, mom! It's a muscle shirt!".  I think Kent coached him on that one. He knows of my disdain for the shirts.   Here's the rugrat proving that he's tough enough to pull it off.
Every day Ike acts more and more like Zeb.  A lot of it is because Ike idolizes Zeb and copies everything he does.  Some of it must be genetic, though.  These pictures of them are so funny to me.  People ask if they are twins ALL of the time.

Oh- and in my defense- I did not give them these chips. We have the most ridiculously nice new neighbors and every time they see us they give us whatever they are carrying. Literally. Today they insisted on giving us their food. We ended up with two ears of corn, one bottled water, two pops, and two bags of chips! Kent and I tried to say no repeatedly- but they wouldn't listen. They are from Syria and it must be cultural. Last week they gave Zeb and me fried eggplant in lavash (really thin paper like tortillas). They were actually pretty tasty.

4 comments:

yaya said...

Thanks for the sweet comment on my silly blog! Those boys are the cutest things going. If you ever want to come and visit and play in the pool, go to the farmer's market on a Sat. just let me know..or even head on down to Mohican St.Park..come on by!

Unknown said...

Your neighbors sound like they rock.

Laney said...

imagine that sweaty death with no air conditioning! And I have a neighbor just like that. Just the other day she was bringing in groceries and insisted that I take grape, cherries. and a bag of cookies from her.

Laney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.