Wednesday, July 7, 2010

home again, home again, jiggity jig.

Things I must do now that we are back in holy toledo:

1. despoil my kidlets afters eight days of lavish attention from oodles of family and friends. is this possible? any suggestions?!

2. re sleep train the family. The rugrats went to bed at 11 last night- and that was AFTER a long travel filled day. At least we all slept in until 9:45!

3.  somehow try and adjust to this hellish humidity. Just when I was all acclimatized and not so terribly miserable- we go to the lovely land of dry crisp mountain air-  and then return to temps in the 90s with the heat index above 100.

4. unpack, unpack, unpack.  There's nothing worse.

5. Re-regulate to not having Kent with me every second of every day!

6. and lose the fifteen pounds I gained because of constant eating!!  I already miss the good food- but at least now I won't be tempted so much!


It's going to be a rough week- but the trip was worth all of the hassle of coming home!  It was one of the nicest vacations we've had to Utah in awhile.  The time went by so fast and we loved every second.
Our first few days were full of food and family.  

 I'm not sure where mum is in this picture- but it's a good one of the fam.  We got a new little point and shoot camera while we were there- and I think that I like it.  Most importantly it's drop proof, dust proof, and totally waterproof (up to ten feet). I'm not very kind to little cameras so I thought I'd try for an indestructible one this time!

Bottom row- my little sisters Metta and Daysa- and standing up is dad.  Everytime we went out to do something I kept looking for Laney and Tayor.  We all missed them a lot- especially since she went and had her baby while we were there!

Ike found a ball within minutes of our arrival to Nannie Annie's house!

 And Zeb found the trampoline. He had been talking about it for weeks before we left.
I can't wait for a nice backyard to relax in and let the kids run wild in!  I also can't wait for my very own lawn to mow!!  My dad got a riding lawn mower and I was a little disappointed.  I love mowing the lawn but I don't do the riding thing. Zeb was not disappointed at ALL, though.
Our first night in town we went to the Lehi Roundup Rodeo.  It's been awhile since I've been to the rodeo and I loved it.  Especially since Lehi is full of real cowboys. It was quite the fashion show!

Zeb was EXHAUSTED and tried to fall asleep a few times- but he must have enjoyed it because it's the one thing he keeps bringing up day after day.   There were some motorcycle stunt riders that performed and had him wide eyed (and ear covered).
 Here's a really nice picture of auntie daysa! She watched our kiddos a gazillion times- thanks days!  I think Zeb must get his quasimodo eye from her.
And here's my little monster.  He got quite spoiled by attention while we were there and he's already had multiple meltdowns when I'm slow to respond to his requests here. It's going to be rough.

8 comments:

yaya said...

Welcome home! I'm sorry the weather is sooooo hot, but it's suppose to cool down by Fri. Humidity however is a forever curse of the east. Glad you had a great time and that silly Sis of yours went and had a cutie pie of a baby while you were gone.That's not nice!(and I lost the baby pool)

The Ziemers said...

I miss you Leisy! Looks and sounds like you had a blast.

Kristen said...

I love that the title was home again, home again, jiggety jig. I don't know where that saying comes from, but my mom would always say it so now I do too of course. Matt thought it was the funniest thing he'd ever heard the first time I said it, but now it's come out of his mouth too on occasion. The rodeo sounds fun! Nothing like seeing the real deal cowboys in their get-ups. Last time I was in Idaho I got super spoiled too just being able to have someone watch Sawyer whenever I felt like going out alone. Ah, family is wonderful!!

Laney said...

wow daysa looks just like mom in that picture.

Kristen said...

In case you were wondering and didn't already know....

I googled home again home again jiggety jig to see where that phrase came from and this is what I got.

It's a Mother Goose nursery rhyme:

To market, to market, to buy a fat pig,
Home again, home again, jiggety-jig.
To market, to market, to buy a fat hog,
Home again, home again, jiggety-jog.
To market, to market, to buy a plum bun,
Home again, home again, market is done

Fun fact for the day.

Dave and Michelle Howell said...

I first heard home again, home again, jiggety-jig from Dave's sister Donna. I thought it was a Howell thing...

Amy and Craig said...

Wow! Looks like you had so much fun!! I really missed you guys! We're off to help Hailey unpack in a couple hours! can't wait to get all the cousins together. there's talk of a labor day campout, what do you think? will kent be gone?

Robert Jaynes said...

Great pictures. I love the one of tired zeb at the rodeo. seems like a good camera. I had to laugh at your opening line-- Nannie Annie probably caught it as well: 'Despoil means to pillage or rob of possessions'. Maybe that is actually what you did to your kids after the long trip...