Monday, March 22, 2010


I'm finally back to the computer.  We had a wild weekend and I've had a crazy busy day already so far!

I filled out all of my paperwork for my new job!  I'm going to teach a boot camp class- and possibly some cardio circuit or stroller cardio classes at the YMCA. I'm so so excited. I've been wanting a job for some time now- and this will be PERFECT! They'll PAY me to work out and watch my kids for free. You certainly can't beat that deal.

Then I went and got my trash kicked in my art class. I've been taking an adult art class and today was rough. We worked on drawing folds, creases, and other ridiculously hard things.  I'm not sure I've got the patience to be an artist.  One of these days I'll include some of my work, but for now I'm just getting the hang of it. 

Also this morning we sent off Laney, Taylor and Henry. Through sobs zeb managed to squeeze out:  "I want to go to New York with Heeeeenry!!!".  He was devastated as he watched them pull away.  It's kind of sad now that he knows what he's missing with all of his cousins living so far away.

They came for the big birthday weekend and it was wonderful. One of my favorite birthdays yet- and it was even on a sunday! Thank-you EVERYone so much for all of the cards, gifts, well-wishes, etc.  I do love attention on my birthday.

Henry and Zeb loved being together and did really well.  Ike and Henry are actually closer in age- but right now Ike just drives them both bonkers.
When laney got here she told us the real reason that they came was to go to Gap maternity.  She gets a fab discount and it's the closest gap maternity store to Buffalo! Luckily the gap is also near restaurants and we went and celebrated at Red Robin. It was so great.  We didn't take any kids and it was so nice to eat out without them!!  Probably the best gift I got this year. Plus, our meals were FREE. Red robin gives you a whole free meal and ice cream for your birthday. Can't beat that either.  We couldn't get a single decent picture, though.  I'm not sure what the deal is with Laney- but when she comes I can't stop laughing. It isn't like we are laughing about anything that funny, either. We just giggle a lot.
Sunday was perfect, too. Kent did everything. Made breakfast (and got me nutella). Took care of the kiddos at church. Made dinner. Made my birthday cake. And cleaned the house a zillion times, too.  Thanks, ralph. I loved every second.
Zeb LOVED the texas sheet cake, too.  Who doesn't though?  I've got a REALLY hideous picture of Laney and me with the cake but I don't think it needs to be blogged. I'm still considering it for a later date, however.  It's pretty stinking ugly.
 And finally- laney's preggo picture.  I made her make a heart shape on her burgeoning belly.  We are both opposed to hand/heart shapes on the belly AND burgenoning belly pictures for that matter.  I can't believe she even let me take it. She's going to KILL me for posting it.  Happy Birthday, Laney.

8 comments:

Jessica said...

So glad you had such a nice birthday! And congrats on the job, that sounds just perfect for you!

yaya said...

Happy Birthday to two of the funest (is that even a word?) twins I know! It looks like you had a ball and were treated like royalty! Laney looks beautiful and I love her dress. You look beautiful too and congrats on your fab new job!

Erin said...

Happy belated birthday! And congrats on the job! and I'm sure laney's payback will be so sweet someday ;) we sure miss you guys!

Pat and Brent said...

What a great weekend. It's nice to have a twin to celebrate/commiserate with(you'll understand in a few more years). And someone else to giggle with or outright laugh out of control with.

Congrats on your job - it really does sound perfect. They have a daycare for your kids there, right?

Delaps said...

Glad that you enjoyed your birthday despite it being on Sunday! It was so nice to finally meet your sister. See you tomorrow hopefully.

Cynthia said...

Glad to hear your birthday went well! What could be better than a night without kidddos, good food and hanging out with your sister and hubby?!?

Jason & Shannon said...

Happy birthday! Love the pictures!

Laney said...

ew. I really can't believe you posted that pic. Don't worry, I still have the one of you from yellowstone- I am saving it for someday.