Monday, March 8, 2010

Michigan!!! woohoo.

We trekked up to Grand Rapids, MI for the weekend and had a blast.  Cousins Amy and Craig moved up there just a bit ago and we decided to go and check out their place. The drive was only 2 and a half hours. Have I mentioned how much I love having family on this side of the country?  Sometimes all I need is a little time with family to make life sweeter.  It was so much fun!  This morning as I packed the kiddos into the car to head to the gym, Zeb asked, "can we go to Taylor's house again?".  He loved playing with Katie and Taylor. And Ike and Sophie had their own splendid time.  We did really miss the other starkeys, though. I've become accustomed to visting Amy in Ashland- so we missed yaya and family quite a bit!

Staying with them made Kent and I realize just how nice it would be to have a house! Their place was AMAZING! a toy room, a guest room, a garage, and a yard.  What else could I ask for?!  oh- maybe  a perfectly paved and beautiful running trail right outside their front door! AND it runs along a river.  It was fabulous. I can't wait to go back when it's green.
Ike and Soph are just a month apart. They loved trying to steal each others binks.  and check out Sophie's eyes.  Our kids are all going to be brownies, I'm sure.
Zeb and taylor goofed off and giggled the entire time we were there. Zeb really was meant to have an older sibling.  He did EVERYthing Taylor did.
and here's peanut.
 
thanks for the fab weekend, guys! We can't wait to see you again soon.
 

4 comments:

yaya said...

Oh I am soooo jealous! I'm glad you had a fab time. It's always a blast with all you guys in the same place! Your pics are so cute, I could just pinch all those babies' cheeks!! We miss you all too.

Unknown said...

I am SOOOOOO jealouser than Yaya. Love to all of you. XXOO

Nannie Annie

Amy and Craig said...

It was so wonderful to have you up! Thanks to Kent for risking the stress of a weekend away! It was heaven to have some family to visit! I'm so jealous of your camera now! What fabulous pix! Taylor was so sad to see you guys go. We'll have to come down in a couple weeks, especially with your promise of "Wicked"!

NataNick said...

Dear Leisy,
Hello from Russia.
Do you remember English club in Tver.
I am Natasha.
I live in Smolensk now.
I like to see your two child.
Sometimes I visit Tver.
We remember you!