Friday, April 23, 2010

Our last few mornings have been somewhat of an adventure. I call them "adventures" because that sounds better than "mornings from hell".  Really- they haven't been all that atrocious besides the exhausting hour at which they begin.  Yesterday both kiddos woke up and walked into seminary in these lovely outfits.  One of my girls asked "why are they dressed like that?".  The haphazard dress job is compliments of Kent. I, however, am NOT complaining!  he had them fed, dressed, and in bed by the time I was home from my meeting the night before at 7:30.  They could have been naked in bed and I would have been happy. The fact that their pjs are mismatched and wrong sizes is not an issue.

They sat and enjoyed cheerios through our class.
This morning both kids got up at 4:45.  Around 6:30 Zeb told me he had to go poop- so I sat him on the toilet and returned to teaching.  Once my class left (6:45ish) I went to see how Zeb was doing.  He was washing the mirror with our toothbrushes and hand soap.  He was trying to be helpful so I just laughed- and told him NOT to use toothbrushes for anything but toothbrushing.  I would bet that they've been in the toilet at some point and we just don't know it.
At least most of our "adventures" are semi humorous and non destructive.  Yesterday at Walmart we were approaching a woman in traditional Muslim garb (full veil and robes) and Zeb SHOUTED out: "Look, mama!  there's a ghost!".  Kent took him to the bathroom at meijer this week and he approached a man using the urinal and asked:  "Are you a big boy? you pee standing up like me!"

8 comments:

Amy and Craig said...

don't you love it when the daddies do the dressing? so funny! but I'm with you, as long as it wasn't me it looks GREAT! Also, about the toothbrushes, sometimes it's just nice NOT knowing!

Emilee said...

Somehow dads (at least, the dad at THIS house) have only a slight advantage over the girls getting themselves dressed, in terms of style.

Renae said...

Kids so say the darndest things. The early morning adventures really are draining. I hope they end for you.

Kent and Leisy said...

Pajamas have to match?!? Zeb was way excited to have BOTH spider man and elmo to wear to bed. Ike just got whatever was in the clean clothes pile. At least they were clean. :) - Kent

Jason & Shannon said...

That's so cute! What a good helper Zeb is. The adventures are so much fun to read about!

Cynthia said...

oh my gosh...this post is hilarious. From Kent's pajama outfits to Zeb's antics/comments, it is just too funny!

Cynthia said...

oh and I have to give Kent props for getting the kids fed and in bed by 7:30. The pjs don't really need to match, but they are still funny looking;)

Michelle said...

HA!! I am laughing so hard right now. Zeb is so dang hilarious! The picture of Ike and Zeb on the couch is just too cute. And Kent ... wha??? I would NEVER have guessed that you would mismatch jammies. Seems like you would search to find the matches :) haha.

Playing the piano for someone in church tomorrow .... singing .... Oh Lord, My Redeemer. I've been missing you this whole week while that song runs through my head. MISS YOU!!